Esteemed Contributor

Re: Happy First Day of Fall!

[ Edited ]

HAPPY FALL, Y'ALL (didn't know it, but I'm a poet, lol)

Going to cut my front and back yards in a few.  Then put away my spring/summer wreath and decor down in my basement and decorate with fall/autumn decor on the front door and porch.  Have a wonderful day everyone and hoping for cool days and cooler nights.  YAY!!!!!!!!

Hallmark eCards art artist fall hi GIF

Respected Contributor

It doesn't feel much like fall in southwestern Michigan. We're having temps in the 90's for the next few days. That's about 20-25 degrees above normal. On the plus side, it hasn't snowed yet! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well it took long enough to get here, my favorite time of the year.  May still be in the 90's  but it  is here now and our 10 day Regional State Fair starts today and the turkeys are plumping up and the pumpkin's too.  Not to mention the sun is setting earlier so all is good.

Happy Fall  Days,  Family, Food, Football and Fairs of any kind.  Life is good.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

i am so ready for autumn!!

what we are experiencing now is close to the middle of summer. upper 80s towards the end of sseptember? i better get cooler weather SOON or i am going to get pretty darn mad!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

We went right from summer to winter yesterday.  Wednesday was in the 80's then a storm moved in.  Last night was in the 30's and it snowed in the higher areas, today in the 40's, the rest of the week in the 60's.  I went from shorts and T shirts to jeans and sweat shirts in one day.

I love summer and being outside.  I don't look forward to winter and the darkness and staying in the house.  Wish I could be a snowbird.

Honored Contributor

I am so happy it's Fall, my favorite time of the year!

GUESS WHAT?  It's snowing at Tahoe!

Honored Contributor

This morning I  bought mums for our front porch.  Sadly it meant I had to take down (7) hanging baskets and numerous containers on the steps.  Our summer flowers are still thriving which is so unusual as by now, typically they are scraggly looking.

Also, I hung all the fall wreaths and seasonal flag.

I love fall and long for seasonal temperatures.  Sunday and Monday they are predicting near 90.

Honored Contributor

deer have eaten quite a bit of what is left of our summer flowers @lulu2. they are now just small stalks coming out of the ground. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I love fall/autumn because it it the only season with 2 names So to make everyone happy....

Image result for season with two names

Esteemed Contributor

I am so ready for fall.  It is my favorite time of the year.  It  was 90° yesterday, today & no relief before Monday & we are in S. WI.  

I am so ready to wear my new QVC Outlet sweater & the shell/sweater set.  Oh & my new outlet boots.

I just finished doing a little fall indoor decorating.