Esteemed Contributor

Happy father's day, to the best dad that a daughter could ever ask for. You were patient, kind, understanding, warm, and loving. You taught me so much from how to swim, to how to drive, to how to be. 

I miss sharing my day with you, and going to you for your advice.

You may be gone from me physically, but you are always in my heart, and in my my thoughts.

Not a day goes by that I don't love and miss you and think about you.

I love and miss you, Dad.

Happy father's day!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Echoing those words,  Happy Fathers day to my dad who has been gone since 1987 and to my husband who has been gone since fall of 2020. 

Those men made me who I am today and truly were the greatest gift,

Honored Contributor

My Dad went to his home in Heaven 4 yrs. ago this month.  I miss him so much. He had a good life and was just about to turn 89 when he passed. He was such a fun Dad.  I never doubted his love for a minute. 

He loved to golf and was very good at it.  I remember him letting me be his caddie a couple times...even if it was just to go barefoot on the greens or (in my teen years) to get a tan and maybe meet a cute guy...ha!  I miss him so much and look forward to being reunited one day.  I imagine him up there on a beautiful golf course golfing with one of favorites..... Arnold Palmer  ( or as he called him, "Arnie")  Hit em straight, Dad!

Honored Contributor

This is my nineteenth Father's Day without my dad, I miss him terribly. My father was a smart man, he loved to read and learned much from books. He wanted to go to college but he worked to help out his parents, he married my mother, started a family and never got the chance to go to college. He worked at a job he didn't like to provide for his family, I suppose what good fathers do. My mother told me my father was a snappy dresser, I only knew him as not a great dresser, he was last in line to get anything new. I probably didn't tell him often enough how much I loved and appreciated him, I hope he knew. 

Honored Contributor

What lovely tributes from all of you, regarding your dads.  

I have also lost mine, as well as my husband, so this is kind of a sad day for me.  I'll be going to visit my mom in just a little while, as I'm sure she's having the same feelings and could use some company. 

Honored Contributor

To all the Dads out there, happy day!  Not an easy job, but a vital one--  fathers matter.  

Through no merit of our own, my three sisters and I hit the jackpot with our Dad.  Formed by poverty and deprivation, he tragically lost his own father, a Welsh coal miner and stone mason, when he was only five. 

Nevertheless, he was an attentive, loving, very "present" and generous Dad, and husband to our adored mother.  When I think of him, I immediately see the ever-present twinkle in his hazel eyes, and hear him singing, badly,  "You Are My Sunshine".   He loved kids, all kids.  A busy realtor, he often took me when he was showing a house to prospective buyers, engendering my lifelong interest in houses and design.

A deeply faith-filled man, I'll never be able to repay the gift of himself he gave me--  nightly reading me children's Bible stories, teaching me to pray, and correcting my spiritual stumbles.

Love to hear of the great fathers on this thread.  All the Dads who love and "invest" in their children, are so deeply appreciated!

Honored Contributor

Although my father's mortal existence has ceased, I choose to celebrate those uplifting memories that put a smile on my face, today and everyday.

Esteemed Contributor

I so miss my dad, that I find myself telling jokes he told me as a child to anyone who will listen.  He was an mischievous one as a child.  Having more sisters than brothers he would get my aunties to do his dirty work! 

I do miss him so very much.  Everything he did, tried to do but couldn't, for every word spoken and the many unspoken ~ I still understood him and he knew that he loved me just as much as I loved him.

Miss you and love you so much daddy!

@Anonymous032819Thank you for creating this space to allow me to say how I feel about my dad on Father's Day.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

What nice tributes to your dad.  I still have my dad, and I am blessed.  He is a wonderful man.  He really did so much with us as kids.  Mom “had” us all day.  He worked all day, but really tried to pay attention to us after work.  He loved his kids.  Lost my mom right before he retired, but he has had a good life also since then.  I will 1000% always look up to my dad.  I treasure the time I have left with him.  Happy Father’s Day to all the dads.  

Super Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

Echoing those words,  Happy Fathers day to my dad who has been gone since 1987 and to my husband who has been gone since fall of 2020. 

Those men made me who I am today and truly were the greatest gift,

I was feeling down today missing my dear Dad also.   He's been gone 7 years now.  It doesn't get easier for me.   I cared for him through his cancer and lost him 5 months later.   It was a bad time but it also had sweet moments between us.   When the roles are reversed and the child cares for the parent, there is that unspoken vulnerability that bonds father and daughter or son.

Today I would have washed his car (when he could drive)... bake his favorite dessert and watch sports with him or just talk.  My Dad was truly a gift for me too.  His integrity, kindness and knowledge of so many things inspire me.

There are moments when I feel so frustrated and confused that my Dad's wisdom will be heard in my heart and I suddenly know what to do. 

To all who are blessed to have your fathers with you today... cherish every minute.  To those of you who have seen your father pass on, know that they are with you always and nothing they ever gave you is gone.  

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here today too.