Esteemed Contributor

Re: Happy Dance On Evine Just Now

@alarmclock wrote:

@Bayboater wrote:

It’s no secret that QVC charges the vendors for David to do his Happy Dance. There is a site that quoted Mary talking with another host in the Green Room about how QVC was increasing the fee for his HD. No surprise there! If you pay attention, he often has to squeeze it in before the products presentation segment ends. That also explains why lately, the quality of items he does the dance, are terrible! And the ratings for them back that up. A quick search will bring up the site where Mary was quoted. 

I think Mary was kidding.  I cannot see being charged by QVC in order to have the big guy do a dance for you.  

Well, I do not believe that is right. I agree @alarmclock , I just don't think QVC would charge the vendor each time he does the happy dance. Surely that was a joke.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

Happy Dance wasn't invented by David.  That expression has been around forever.

Today, I watched a Bison do the Happy Dance on the first day of,spring on you tube.  It was titled that way.

@Carmie , now this is what I want to see. I love bison, always have been fascinated with them for some reason.

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@Bayboater wrote:

It’s no secret that QVC charges the vendors for David to do his Happy Dance. There is a site that quoted Mary talking with another host in the Green Room about how QVC was increasing the fee for his HD. No surprise there! If you pay attention, he often has to squeeze it in before the products presentation segment ends. That also explains why lately, the quality of items he does the dance, are terrible! And the ratings for them back that up. A quick search will bring up the site where Mary was quoted. 

I think Mary was kidding.  I cannot see being charged by QVC in order to have the big guy do a dance for you.  

@alarmclock.  I also think Mary was kidding. I remember when Martha was first on selling a cookbook and when Ina was on with a cookbook. David did the happy dance for each of them and they both looked at him like he had two heads. They had no clue what he was doing. So I don't think they 'paid for it'. 

Trusted Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@Bayboater wrote:

Well, I do not believe that is right. I agree @alarmclock , I just don't think QVC would charge the vendor each time he does the happy dance. Surely that was a joke.

And people believe everything!  

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@Bayboater wrote:

@alarmclock.  I also think Mary was kidding. I remember when Martha was first on selling a cookbook and when Ina was on with a cookbook. David did the happy dance for each of them and they both looked at him like he had two heads. They had no clue what he was doing. So I don't think they 'paid for it'. 

I saw both of those times and yes, both women were.....puzzled.

Huh.gif

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

David years ago....

Before the happy dance days.........

Honored Contributor

Huh.gif

@alarmclock  - Lol!