Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

front-view

The kind that I remember growing up!  Now you can get fancy ones that last a bit longer.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Nothing authentic as the one in the pix, but I use an electric menorah, looks pretty in kitchen window. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Nothing authentic as the one in the pix, but I use an electric menorah, looks pretty in kitchen window. 

I was wondering if flameless candles could be used. 

Real candles seem so unpopular any more.  I guess the safety factor.

I feel like I'm the only one still using pillars and votives daily.

I've never liked taper candles because they do seem unsafe, like they would topple over on the dining room table and everything would be lit up in no time!

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@I am still oxox   As I understand, you add one candle each day and the middle candle is used to light each one.  But do the candles stay lit all eight days & nights?

just at sundown

the last night is really pretty when they are all light

when the kids were little they all made menorahs with nuts glued to a board then painted them. 

Honored Contributor

@Mimi NY wrote:

Just was watching the gourmet show today with Alberti  and Jayne , and saw the host Elise light and explain the meaning of lighting one candle each night using the center candle  to light the other candle each night  on the Menorah for 8 nights .

I thought it was a very nice gesture to have a host explain their holiday .

Think it is the first time I have seen this be done by a host , have seen the Q have the Menorah during Hanukkah , but think this presentation was done beautifully,I learned more then I ever knew about Hanukkah and the Menorah.

Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate.

certainly was , 

Honored Contributor

Re: Happy Chaukah

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear 

Which show I would love to see a tape of it 

@jackthebear wrote:

@Mimi NY wrote:

Just was watching the gourmet show today with Alberti  and Jayne , and saw the host Elise light and explain the meaning of lighting one candle each night using the center candle  to light the other candle each night  on the Menorah for 8 nights .

Think it is the first time I have seen this be done by a host , have seen the Q have the Menorah during Hanukkah , but think this presentation was done beautifully,I learned more then I ever knew about Hanukkah and the Menorah.

certainly was , 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@jackthebear 

Which show I would love to see a tape of it 

@jackthebear wrote:

@Mimi NY wrote:

certainly was , 

its on Elise's instagram

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox - Your menorah is lovely.  I have my parent's menorah.  It is the one we ever lit and I am in my early 70's.  It is similar to yours but it is a little smaller and very shiny.  I keep it in my china cabinet and it brings back wonderful childhood memories whenever I look at it.  I never got "presents" for Chanukah, my family always gave Chanukah "gelt".

Have a Happy Chanukah.