Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   As I understand, you add one candle each day and the middle candle is used to light each one.  But do the candles stay lit all eight days & nights?

Esteemed Contributor

HAPPY HANUKKAH TO ALL CELEBRATING!!!!!! 🥰

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr 

The middle candle is use to light all the the candles you light the newest candle first and so on

@ValuSkr wrote:

@I am still oxox   As I understand, you add one candle each day and the middle candle is used to light each one.  But do the candles stay lit all eight days & nights?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@ValuSkr 

The middle candle is use to light all the the candles you light the newest candle first and so on

@ValuSkr wrote:

Typically, candles designted as Chanukah candles burn out very quickly, in about an hour or so. 

Honored Contributor

front-view

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful tradition. Happy Hanukkah 🕎 

Valued Contributor

Just was watching the gourmet show today with Alberti  and Jayne , and saw the host Elise light and explain the meaning of lighting one candle each night using the center candle  to light the other candle each night  on the Menorah for 8 nights .

I thought it was a very nice gesture to have a host explain their holiday .

Think it is the first time I have seen this be done by a host , have seen the Q have the Menorah during Hanukkah , but think this presentation was done beautifully,I learned more then I ever knew about Hanukkah and the Menorah.

Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate.

Esteemed Contributor

What a wonderful display for him each year.  So nice to have a reminder of family.  I always remember who used to touch my treasures.

Honored Contributor

In the days of Kathy Levine, she would have Chanukah gift shows and sell beautiful Judaica items, so enjoyable. Then , Lisa Mason took over, and she said that she and Gino went to the library before her show so she could learn all about the holiday before presenting the items. 

Honored Contributor

Beautiful menorah!

Early in our marriage my husband had to go to Jerusalem for business and I had him get me one there.