Honored Contributor

Re: Happy Birthday to Jonathan. King Tortoise

[ Edited ]

Jonathan was was hatched in Saint Helena ,Seychelles  I don't see his exact birthday, just the year.  He was hatched 5 years before Victoria came to the throne.  He apparently lived in several zoos as a specimen before eventually coming back to Saint Helena.  I assume they want to retire him back where he started from. 

There was another record holder as a tortoise.... Adwaita who was allegedly (c. 1750 – 22 March 2006) in India. But his birth date is in some dispute. But he probably was closer to 200 years old as a conservative estimate.

The life span of a tortoise is 100 years.  

Esteemed Contributor

Oh they things he has lived through.  Too bad he can't talk.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Omg, he is cute  those eyes.  188 years old, wow.  I am 73 almost and he looks better than me before I get my fillers, lol

Honored Contributor

My neighbor has a tortoise that is about 35 years old.  She bought him as a baby before it was illegal.  He has a home in her back yard.  A special house.  In summer, he loves themplums from my tree.  He isnt that hig, but i love it when he gets the plums all around his lips ( tortoise lios).  He loves plums and romaine lettuce.  He is really cute  his nam eis Hector

Honored Contributor

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONATHAN, KING TORTOISE! 

🐢🍰🎁

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

WOW! That's amazing! Very interesting @songbird.

Luv the pix.

🐢🐢🐢