Respected Contributor

Re: Happy Birthday Sir Richard Starkey (Ringo Starr)

He looks really good for his age!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

"He gets by with a little help from his friends ..... "

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Heart    Heart    Heart    Heart

Honored Contributor

@kivah

How great for that fan to be able to visit with Paul! He was here in Concert twice in the last few years, last one was earlier this year. I went to his 1st one, but had to stay home and sit with our canine, Lily this last one. Gave my tix to my wife's brother to go with her.

Elvis had 5 Concerts here going way back. I made it to 4 of them, but was in the hospital with back surgery, so missed that one. He was here in late July or August the year he died. That Concert was being filmed by, I believe CBS, and I bought the LaserDisc of that one, which toured several cities. He looked pretty sick, but his voice was the strongest of all the Concerts I attended when he was here. I grew to love his backup group, JD Sumner and the Stamps Quartet.

I had all of his Gospel CD's for years, but when our basement flooded with sewage and I was in the hospital, the morons that cleaned part of it, threw out my 200 CD player, and all of the CD's I had in it. Still have a few on saved on my computer. Also had many of JD Sumner's CD's in that player that got tossed, can never replace them.

Never saw the Beatles live, but grew to really love their music.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I think Ringo looks fabulous for his age!!

@Love my grandkids:  ITA!  I remember when the Beatles first came to America and everyone thought Paul was the good looking one and Ringo the odd one.  Now looking at Paul, to me he has not aged well.  Looks soft and doughy, and not handsome at all.  Ringo, on the other hand, looks absolutely terrific!!!  A masculine looking hunk.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

78..he's 20 years older than I am.  That just doesn't seem right...lol  It doesn't feel right.  I think that in my heart, I will always think of the Beattles as being just a few years older than me.  It's like they got to a certain age in my mind and never got any older.

@chrystaltree  Sadly, that's certainly true for John Lennon!  Smiley Sad  Smiley Sad  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kivah wrote:

@hckynut

I LOVE the Beatles, especially Paul.

Many years ago, my friend's sister-in-law was friends with the female who started the Beatles Fan Club in Los Angeles (Beverly Hills). She used to visit Paul in England often. 

My favorite singer was Elvis --- and favorite band is the Beatles. And - look how long they survived.

I read that Paul has some memory problems now!!!!

Speaking of staring the Beatles fan club, I highly recommend the video documentary Good Ol' Freda.   She was just a fan of the Beatles' at the cavern club and became head of their fan club in England.   I loved this doc, which had wonderful footage of the Beatles when they were just getting started.

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I think Ringo looks fabulous for his age!!

@Love my grandkids:  ITA!  I remember when the Beatles first came to America and everyone thought Paul was the good looking one and Ringo the odd one.  Now looking at Paul, to me he has not aged well.  Looks soft and doughy, and not handsome at all.  Ringo, on the other hand, looks absolutely terrific!!!  A masculine looking hunk.

@lovesallanimals  He is very, very short and slight.  I agree Paul doesn't look nearly as good as he did in his 20s. However, he is still my favorite, still "the cute Beatle."   Probably because whenever I look at him, I see him in my mind as he was on the Ed Sullvan Show.  A real cutie. Plus he's a charmer.  I Heart Sir Paul and always will.

"If I fell in love with you..."   Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut

I just remembered the name of the female who was President of the 1st Beatles Fan Club in Beverly Hills/LA. A few of my friends and I were invited to her house for lunch - many, many years ago. She's so sweet and gracious. I just remembered her first name was Debbie and I googled her and found this amazing article:

http://www.offsunset.com/bio.htm

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@hckynut

I just remembered the name of the female who was President of the 1st Beatles Fan Club in Beverly Hills/LA. A few of my friends and I were invited to her house for lunch - many, many years ago. She's so sweet and gracious. I just remembered her first name was Debbie and I googled her and found this amazing article:

http://www.offsunset.com/bio.htm

@kivah   She must have been teased unmercifully when Sputnik was in orbit!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

"He gets by with a little help from his friends ..... "

Written by the wonderfully talented Sir Paul.   Heart

Heart    Heart    Heart    Heart