Esteemed Contributor

Re: Happy Birthday Queen Elizabeth 94 Yrs Old

[ Edited ]

@islington wrote:

I just have to share this on this special birthday.  As a young girl growing up in London I remember sitting on the sidewalk all night to watch the Queen in the golden coach for her Coronation.  I have so many pictures of that day.  Nobody puts on the pomp and glory like us Brits. After sixty years in America I still am proud to call her my queen.  Long live the Queen. Happy Birthday.

@islingtonn ..I love the Brits.  I had several friends over the years who were from England and worked for an English owned engineering firm in Farmingdale, Nassau County, New York.  All of the engineers were from England and I enjoyed their dry sense of humor so much.  They made working a pleasure.   Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

Re: Happy Birthday Queen Elizabeth 94 Yrs Old

[ Edited ]

In spite of the troubled time, right now, I hope The Queen, had a very special birthday! 

I saw a nice article, about her family, posting lovely birthday wishes, on social media, video chat, etc.  

It made me think of the remarkable changes, she has seen, in the world around her, over a very long reign. 

If only she could write a book, eh?