Respected Contributor

Re: Happy Birthday Prince Charles

@ann1989 wrote:

He was very randy back in the day. Would he have gotten so many willing partners had he not been a prince?   Smiley Indifferent

I seriously doubt Diana would have married him if he was not a prince.

Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@ann1989 wrote:

He was very randy back in the day. Would he have gotten so many willing partners had he not been a prince?   Smiley Indifferent

I seriously doubt Diana would have married him if he was not a prince.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.  Was Prince Charles required to marry a virgin?  If so, what a double standard that is, as he surely was not a virgin!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nana59 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I always wonder if he has had that conversation with jhis Mom.  "Come on Mom, when do I get to be king?" LOL.

thanks for the laugh!  i needed it today.....

A lot of us his vintage and near are going to be done in when our parents are.  Many are living into their late 90's and outliving their boomer kids.  Many people are in a difficult situation because of it.

That being said, Charles was an awkward teen, but got better.  I felt sorry for him, basically having to marry DIana and she was never willing to make the best of it.  She was no innocent.  Her sister dated Charles, her father was an Earl, so I always thought she had to understand what was in store by marrying him.

That all is water under the bridge, he always has seemed sincere to me and always had to play second fiddle but has done it with enthusiasm, diligence and for the most part grace.  I hope he has happiness in his life and continues to carry on! 

And wasn't he sort of forced to give up Camilla beause she was "fast"?  Then SHE married and it was after that he was forced to marry Diana.  Forced?  "Encouraged?"

Respected Contributor

I watched Charles at 70 last night on PBS. He looks just like his mother, imo, and actually still has quite a bit of curly hair. Imo, only, he looks a little "puffy" like he enjoys his brandy quite a lot. He seems to be a very , very smart man who began talking about climate change a couple of decades ago. Also spoke about the house he saved and the collection of chippendale furniture in it. According to the documentary,the grounds are open and free to all and you may find the Prince himself working in the gardens.

He seems content with his life, his boys love and admire him and his work and he's with the woman he loves.

More power to him.