Honored Contributor

Re: Happy Birthday Prince Charles

[ Edited ]

Prince Charles, dashing and attractive? Oh gosh, no.

He has always looked like a nerd and he is too weak minded for me. He is not Prince Charming.

He has gotten better over the years, I'll admit.

A9FE47B7-A201-483E-958B-19D43C86CBEB.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Prince Charles, dashing and attractive? Oh gosh, no.

He has always looked like a nerd and he is too weak minded for me. He is not Prince Charming.

He has gotten better over the years, I'll admit.

A9FE47B7-A201-483E-958B-19D43C86CBEB.jpeg

Well, he hasn't done to badly for  weak nerd.  He's married to the love of his life and very happy.  He has two wonderful sons and step children and between them he and his wife have many happy, healthy grandchildren.  He's extremely fortunate to have both his parents alive and healthy.  He many interests in life and does good works.  And someday....he will be the King of England!  

Regular Contributor

Happy Birthday Charles.  It's also my birthday #79.  Mamie Eisenhower would be 123 today.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Never found him 'dashing' or attractive... The Windsor men, for the most part, hold little physical appeal for me... And will someone please tell Harry to lose that scraggly, unappealing red beard... Both he and William should also do something about their balding pates... Goodness knows, they can both afford it...

Woman Surprised

All that aside, best wishes to Charles on his birthday. He seems like a pretty good sort who has matured nicely with age and has done much good in a number of areas. I admire his work, especially, in historic preservation...

@stevieb   I don't want this thread to go completely off topic of Charles, but I have to state I disagree with you.  Yes, they can afford to do something about their balding but kudos fo them for not; for being self-assured enough to lose their hair and age gracefully.  William has handled it by shaving his head - good for him.  I like that that they are not covering up what is clearly hereditary and part of their aging process, and again, have the self-confidence and self-esteem to do just go with it. They have both found women who find them attractive and love them for who they are.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree   If he wasn't so weak he would have married the love of his life from the get go and not taken advantage of a young girl whom he married and stepped out on because he didn't love her.

He ruined her life.  She was so young, naive and in love with him. She married for love, he married to produce heirs.  Once he got them..he became a dirty cheat.

By the time, he is king, he will be an old fart...heck is old already. 

I don't find him to be a fine upstanding man at all. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's fine @Pearlee we can disagree... To me, rare is the bald or balding man I personally find all that appealing and both these men are young enough that they'd probably both still prefer to have hair. I believe most men do... I'm also not a big believer in the old double standard that says it's alright for men to 'age gracefully'  and 'accept heredity', while it's more than acceptable for many women to pull out all the stops to keep aging at bay... My guess is the men haven't addressed their hair loss because of the whole 'stiff upper lip' thing, and because it would be pounced upon by the public and by the media... As for self-esteem and self-confidence, I suspect you're right where William is concerned, though I'm not so sure about Harry... Regardless, it might also be a testament to self-confidence for them, should they wish to, to take no notice of public reaction and address their hair loss...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb   FYI - I think women should also age gracefully (meaning no cosmetic surgery to look younger) so there is no double standard as far as I'm concerned.  

Respected Contributor

I have never found Charles (or any of the males in that family) to be dashing or handsome...just average looking men.  

I do admire his gentlemanly demeanor, dedication to charities, respect for his position, and love for his sons.

I'm glad that he and Camilla have made a happy life together.  Most people have had past love affairs....and many have had marriages...that did not work out the first time around, but were able to find happiness with another.  I don't begrudge anyone that.

In case you are reading the forums tonight,  Charles..Happy Birthday and many more! 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

He was very randy back in the day. Would he have gotten so many willing partners had he not been a prince?   Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

There are 2 good documentaries on youtube about Charles' work saving an estate that was going to auction it's  furniture and destroy the  manner house. (He took out a huge loan ,and guaranteed it personally)

Charles saved it the though the Princes Trust. It has created jobs and income for an area really in dire straits

The other docu is about Highgrove gardens, and his work to restore wildflower meadows , and endangered species and the stunning garden he created there. He has done a great deal of good for the environment

I enjoyed them both