Valued Contributor

Re: Happy Birthday Mick Jagger!

Heart

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Valued Contributor

@dulwich  Happy Birthday!! Now I have a 4th reason to remember the day Smiley Happy

You do know you were the first person I thought of when I posted this lol....I wondered if it would be rude to ask you if you knew him

Smiley Very Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Valued Contributor

I probably should amend my first post to reflect that there will be another posting on November 1st.........the day my divorce was final 

Smiley Wink

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

@SunSprite  thank you for my birthday greeting - you are very kind.

No did not know Stones in U.K.and when DH had the tour business we did not work with them but when   I wanted ticket to see Stones as DH in ‘biz’ he always got offer of backstage passes with our tickets - so then got to meet and greet also fun as we know lots of the roadies, and electricians who work these tours so it always is a good laugh and night out for us not so much for DH as he ‘hates’ rock & roll!

Do I say congratulations on your divorce - hope it is all you wanted and wish you happiness fir the future.  Stay safe.

Honored Contributor

I saw MickJagger  twice.  At the Cow Palace in South San Francisco, and  Candlestick park in San Francisco.  The beatles also played the Cow Palace.  Those were the days  they really were.  The British invasion was nothing like anything that has happened in music since.  The screaming, the bleachers shaking.  The death traps we went into  lol.  No kidding.  Today there is no way it would happen.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazingly I saw the Stones for the first time in 1966 at my high school football stadium in Massachusetts!  Tickets were $3 and $5.  I've seen them concert at least five or six times since then and I think the last time the tickets were something like $200.  How times have changed!  Such fun times.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:
Mick is 77 today. Was never a fan. Preferred the Beatles.

@lovesrecess 

We too are Beatles fans, my wife a historian when it comes to them. I never saw them live, but my wife went to London to see them, way before I met her. Also saw them here in Nebraska, or maybe it was Iowa, still hadn't met her till years later.

Gotta wish Mick a Happy 77th Birthday, 🎂  I wish John and George had reached this age.

hckynut 🏒

@hckynut wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:
Mick is 77 today. Was never a fan. Preferred the Beatles.

@lovesrecess 

We too are Beatles fans, my wife a historian when it comes to them. I never saw them live, but my wife went to London to see them, way before I met her. Also saw them here in Nebraska, or maybe it was Iowa, still hadn't met her till years later.

Gotta wish Mick a Happy 77th Birthday, 🎂  I wish John and George had reached this age.

hckynut 🏒

@hckynut Yeah, but the Stones play real rock and roll!  Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

I love Mick Jagger and the Stones!  I have Brown Sugar on my iphone and only Stones music in my car.  My kids went to sleep listening to the Stones and they are big fans as well.

Gotta love his energy!  We are the same age - where is my energy???

Happy Birthday Mick ~

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

A day late but happy birthday, Mick and happy anniversary to you, @SunSprite.

My favorite Stones song is "Sympathy for the Devil". 

Honored Contributor

I saw the Stones at Madison Square Garden in 2005. Best rock concert I've ever been to. (The Who and ELO are close behind). Mick was "only" 62 back then, and he strutted around like someone half that age. A bundle of energy. My favorite song of theirs-- and there's quite a selection to choose from-- is Gimme Shelter, and sure enough, that was their curtain-call performance.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~