Honored Contributor

Re: Happy 99th Birthday to Dr. Billy Graham

[ Edited ]

@HiLo wrote:

I, personally, happen to have a lot of respect for Franklin.  His ministry, "Samaritan's Purse" is doing great humane things in many parts of the world and the financial records  are checked regularly.  I wish I could say the same about all of such ministries.

Happy birthday to Dr. Billy Graham.  Wishing the best for you in this new chapter of your life!  God bless!

OPERATION BLESSING:  Making sure that many thousands of children have Christmas, that many millions of people have medical care, food and drinking water.  Many people still do not understand and as such, hold foreign missions in such low regard.  We were sent here to help our fellowman, for nothing else.  That is all Franklin seems to be doing, answering his call.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7

I also think he might be suffering from dementia.  I didnt see the nyt article, and I subscribe!  Ok...I will check it out

ETA, I looked and didnt see the article.  I guess I am not sure what you all are speaking of😳

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@HiLo wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I can't stand his son Franklin.

I, personally, happen to have a lot of respect for Franklin.  His ministry, "Samaritan's Purse" is doing great humane things in many parts of the world and the financial records  are checked regularly.  I wish I could say the same about all of such ministries.

Happy birthday to Dr. Billy Graham.  Wishing the best for you in this new chapter of your life!  God bless!

OPERATION BLESSING:  Making sure that many thousands of children have Christmas, that many millions of people have medical care, food and drinking water.  Many people still do not understand and as such, hold foreign missions in such low regard.  We were sent here to help our fellowman, for nothing else.  That is all Franklin seems to be doing, answering his call.

I agree with you.  Obviously God has a different calling for Franklin than his Dad.  I suppose he is too outspoken for many though......I remember when he was saved from a life of drugs and always admired him for founding a well needed ministry.  I love the idea of filling the shoe boxes at Christmas time but the ministry is right there whenever there are emergencies and is accountable for the funds received.  I'm sure there are people here who would like to argue opinions about this but I won't become involved.; This is only a place for opinions.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Noel7

I also think he might be suffering from dementia.  I didnt see the nyt article, and I subscribe!  Ok...I will check it out

ETA, I looked and didnt see the article.  I guess I am not sure what you all are speaking of😳

@shoekitty

The location is given in message # 13 for anyone interested.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

My father and I worked directly with Billy Graham years ago.  He was a very kind man.  I was incredibly disappointed to hear about the terrible things he said about Jews.

@Noel7  He apologized for anything he said that was caught on tape....he asked for forgiveness.  My Father’s Mother was from Hungry and Jewish on her side of the family.  I can forgive him.  I think Graham really tried to make up for his mistake and his words... and make amends. 

Esteemed Contributor

His wife was really something. Franklin Graham wrote a book about his life and said that when he was young and they were all in the car going somewhere, he was misbehaving terribly ---- his Mom stopped the car, got him out and put him in the trunk, then continued driving! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

His wife was really something. Franklin Graham wrote a book about his life and said that when he was young and they were all in the car going somewhere, he was misbehaving terribly ---- his Mom stopped the car, got him out and put him in the trunk, then continued driving! Woman LOL

@YorkieonmyPillow, I don't find that anecdote charming at all. That is child abuse in my book.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HiLo wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I can't stand his son Franklin.

@HiLo, you might read all his controversial comments. They may give you a different perpective on the man who purports to be a Christian. Simply check wiki or other sources; it's all out there.

Of course, I'm probably naive to think any of it would likely disturb those who follow him. Who knows anymore?

I have never been one to put any human being on a pedistal but from what I had observed Dr. Graham seemed more sincere than many others.  I didn't know about this  but perhaps I'm better off not to see anything else negative and just let God handle the situation in His own way and time.... I have never been a "follower" anyway.  Just respecting the birthday of an elderly well known man., most people don't live this long.; 

@HiLo, my reply to you was not about the elder Graham.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

My father and I worked directly with Billy Graham years ago.  He was a very kind man.  I was incredibly disappointed to hear about the terrible things he said about Jews.

and muslims i might add......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein