QVC Customer Care

Re: Happy 99th Birthday to Dr. Billy Graham

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@Noel7Heart

I am extremely sorry that anything- that was said, from Dr. Graham, was hurtful to you ~ love, Heart

NAES

Me too @Noel7 you have been my blessing many times.

@NAES1

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

NAES,

Thank you so much for your kind words.  I respect you, too, and have enjoyed your posts.  

Typically, Greek Orthodox Christians attend the local Episcopal church when their church is not close by.  When we were very small, we did that -- attended nursery and toddler Sunday School there.

But when my brother and I became 7- and 8-years-old, we wanted to attend the Sunday School where our neighborhood friends went.    Believe it or not, it was safe enough for us to walk through town alone for about eight blocks.  And that we did, all six of us.

I remember when I turned 11 or so, the dear pastor, Raymond Wilhelm, would stop by my father's restaurant and say that it was time for my brother and for me to join the  Evangelical Reformed Church.  My very kind father would then explain that we already belonged to the Greek Orthodox Church, that when we were baptized, we were also made members of the church.  Rev. Wilhelm never gave up, though, and stopped by at least two more times to inquire about us.

So, I attended services at Evangelical Reformed all through my formative years and attended services at the Greek Orthodox churches in Baltimore, D.C. and York, Pa., on major religious days (and sometimes in between).

I have fond memories of reciting Easter and Christmas poems at Evangelical Reformed Church during the holidays.  

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@NAES1 wrote:

@Noel7Heart

I am extremely sorry that anything- that was said, from Dr. Graham, was hurtful to you ~ love, Heart

NAES

Me too @Noel7 you have been my blessing many times.

@NAES1

Hi, thank you.  I am Christian, my husband is of Jewish heritage, I was taken aback by his comments.  I hope he came to realize his mistake later in life. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I, personally, happen to have a lot of respect for Franklin.  His ministry, "Samaritan's Purse" is doing great humane things in many parts of the world and the financial records  are checked regularly.  I wish I could say the same about all of such ministries.

Happy birthday to Dr. Billy Graham.  Wishing the best for you in this new chapter of your life!  God bless!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1

i agree with you.  I lost alot of respect for him.  His father Billy, is like an idol to me though, lol!  I love him dearly, and so respect the honor and work he spent his life doing. I had worked at one of his crusades 15 years ago, and have have heard him speak a few times.  Such an honorable man. He stayed out of politics mostly, and just concentrated spreading the word of Jesus.  I have heard more times than I can count, from those he brought to the Lord.  That was his work, that's what he did,and he never veered off course!  Happy Birthday to him

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HiLo wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I can't stand his son Franklin.

I, personally, happen to have a lot of respect for Franklin.  His ministry, "Samaritan's Purse" is doing great humane things in many parts of the world and the financial records  are checked regularly.  I wish I could say the same about all of such ministries.

Happy birthday to Dr. Billy Graham.  Wishing the best for you in this new chapter of your life!  God bless!

@HiLo, you might read all his controversial comments. They may give you a different perpective on the man who purports to be a Christian. Simply check wiki or other sources; it's all out there.

Of course, I'm probably naive to think any of it would likely disturb those who follow him. Who knows anymore?

I have never been one to put any human being on a pedistal but from what I had observed Dr. Graham seemed more sincere than many others.  I didn't know about this  but perhaps I'm better off not to see anything else negative and just let God handle the situation in His own way and time.... I have never been a "follower" anyway.  Just respecting the birthday of an elderly well known man., most people don't live this long.;