Respected Contributor

Happy 96th B'day, Ms Rosalynn Carter! CORRECTION

[ Edited ]

Today, Ms Rosalynn Carter turns 96 yrs young!

It's been announced, her plans are to eat Cupcakes, Peanut Butter Ice Cream (of course, heh), and let go some Butterflies in her garden.

~~~~~~~~~

"As Rosalynn Carter turns 96 on Friday and Jimmy Carter nears 99, the couple continues to defy the odds.

Despite serious health problems —  Jimmy Carter entered hospice six months ago and  Rosalynn has dementia — they still spend most days sitting beside each other in the living room of the bungalow they built in 1961 in Plains, Ga. Family and friends who see them say that they enjoy some surprisingly good days and that this summer they even went for a ride with the Secret Service to watch Fourth of July fireworks in their hometown.

Jimmy Carter is often out of bed first, waiting in his recliner for his wife to emerge. “Rosalynn comes in the room and makes a beeline for this chair and bends over and kisses him,” said Jill Stuckey, a close friend. They spend many hours sitting side by side."      (Ref: WashingtonPost.   Aug 17, 2023 by Mary Jordan)

<<   continues  >>

Rosalynn - Thru the years

(with  "the Love of her Long Life"-

Husband--Jimmy Carter)

1)  Campaign Trail,  Sept  1966

(Love her cute, bashful smile,

loved, & in love)

pic--Rosalynn-Jimmy-Carter--Campaign-Trail--Sept--1966--aat--80-percent.jpg

2) 

Both, together -- Rosalynn doing more than her own part, Hands On,  famed for continued, long, long efforts, pitching in for Habitat of Humanity.  (I believe this Pic might be Louisiana, after it's devastation).

pic--Rosalynn-Jimmy-Carter--Habitat-for-Humanity--Several-Yrs-this-Maybe-Louisiana--Unknown-Date--80-Percent.jpg

3)   

Rosalynn & Jimmy Carter, celebrating their 75th Wedding Anniversary on June 11, 2021

(Note:  Daughter, Amy Carter is to the left of the pic, toasting both Mom & Dad on this incredible occasion)

pic--Amy-Carter-toasting-Mom-Dad--Rosalynn-Jimmy-Carter---July-10-2021---75th-Wedding-Anniversary---90-ercemt--resize.jpg

Thank you Ms Rosalynn Carter for

• sharing your love,
  • your strong sense of care & duty, for
  • your incredible Patriotism, and
  • demonstrated, sincere, long lasting, marital love, a wonderful example to emulate & behold!

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Honored Contributor

Re: Happy 96th Birthday, Ms Rosalynn Carter!

Happy 96th Birthday Greeting Card - Beautiful Flowers and Flashing Sparkles

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

HAPPY 96th BIRTHDAY,  

Mme Rosalynn Carter!!

GIF--Brown-Cake-with-Candles--Fireworks-in-Background--HAPPY-BIRTHDAY.gif

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Respected Contributor

Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate your special day, Mrs. Carter.

Respected Contributor

They are quite the team~a long, fruitful life. God Bless and a Happy Birthday to Ms. Rosalynn Carter. ~🧁🍧🦋

Esteemed Contributor

Couple goals!!!!

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@JoyFilled Warrior  Actually she is MRS. Rosalynn Carter, she's never used Ms.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

🕊 Congratulations to them both !

When I hear the term "person of faith" these two immediately come to mind. They have led by their unselfish example of love & kindness, freely giving of their time & energy for causes near and dear to their heart.

The world is a far better place because of  Rosalynn & Jimmy, and may they continue to grace this world with their presence.

Respected Contributor

I love, LOVE seeing Ms Rosalynn & husband, Jimmy Carter's love for, & devotion to one another, even now, transcending both of their quite dubious medical issues!

And also, for their continued "giving" to others, which ever way they were able to.

Ms Rosalynn & her husband, Jimmy Carter's continued love & devotion to one another taught me that such marital love, & ongoing loving partnership does indeed exist, in Real Life, not merely only on TV shows, that I was glued to, when growing up,  like "Father Knows Best."

GIF--HAPPY-BIRTHDAY--written-out-and-curled-as-a-Valentine-Heart--With-Moving-Hearts-All-Around.gif

Trusted Contributor

🙆🏼‍♀️  I remember Amy Carter appearing on the Tonight Show shortly after the Carters exited the White House. Jay Leno asked Amy if she had ever secretly done anything in the White House that she never told anyone about. She confessed that before the family moved out, she carved her name on a window sill, and giggled as any little girl would. Jay reminded her that now everyone knows, including Mom and Dad, and she just kept on smiling. Talk about precious moments!