Esteemed Contributor

Olivia de Havilland on June 18 (AP Photo/Thibault Camus)       

Legendary actress Olivia de Havilland will be ringing in her 100th birthday today and she tells PEOPLE she’ll be celebrating the milestone event with dinner and drinks with “dear, dear” friends. In next week’s issue of PEOPLE, the five-time Oscar nominee opens up about her life, career and romances.

Born in Japan of English parentage, naturalized and raised in Los Angeles, de Havilland has been an internationally recognized film star for over eight decades. Since her 1935 debut in Midsummer Night’s Dream and eight on-screen romances with Errol Flynn, she’s been slapped around by Bette Davis in Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte and starred in Lady In A Cage with James Caan and opposite Montgomery Clift in The Heiress. Probably best known for her role as the sweet Melanie Wilkes in Gone With The Wind, now de Havilland says she’s “honored” to be called the last star of Hollywood’s Golden Age.

More:  https://www.yahoo.com/movies/gone-wind-star-olivia-havilland-121504269.html

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

She's looking fabulous!  Maybe this is why TCM is airing GWTW tonight?

Esteemed Contributor

She looks beautiful!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Wow, she looks as beautiful as ever. Melanie is my favorite character in GWTW! Such a jewel on and off screen! Happy Birthday, Miss Olivia!Heart  Much love to you!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

I'd forgotten that she starred in The Heiress.  That was a great movie!

Honored Contributor

Isn't she just lovey? That movie is my very favorite.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

One of my favorites!  Happy birthday! 

Honored Contributor

You look fabulous..  

Respected Contributor

If you have the TCM channel, she's their star of the month during July & will be airing many of her films.

Respected Contributor

Sweet Melanie from GWTW...beautiful, gracious lady...