Honored Contributor

Re: Handwriting- What Does Yours Reveal About You?

Croemer:  Hey, that class would be interesting!  I'm wondering if they offer those classes around here. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Croemer:  Hey, that class would be interesting!  I'm wondering if they offer those classes around here. 

I too would love to take more indepth classes. I may look into it. These were offered through my H.S.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't really believe this stuff.  I have to really go out of my way to have neat handwriting and I never let anyone see what it looks like any other time.  So really that's not very accurate at all if someone is trying to read me.  When I leave a note for myself on my desk I usually cannot read it.   

Honored Contributor

(thread title)

Mine tells me I am old.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

While this may be "cute" or "fun," there is no real science behind it.  How can people believe this bunk just because they see it online?

Esteemed Contributor

Depends.  I have three styles.  Just keep em guessing. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

My handwriting shows that I went to Catholic school.  If the penmanship wasn't perfect in every subject, you either had to do it over or take a failing grade.   mine is not beautiful, but it is legible and has very correct letter formations.

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@Preds wrote:

ROTFL ... My handwriting is a mix of being left handed, working for Dr's, printing everything, speed writing later and a mix of everthing.  When I look at my writing from HS it is so different from what I try to read now.  I have no style anymore.

My mother has the same writing she had and my father had the same.  My original writing is history.  Wish it wasn't because it was pretty.

Gregg Shorthand ruined my handwriting.  It is atrocious now.  I got through 5 drafts when I want to leave a note for someone on their desk.  LOL

I've had Gregg also, @VaBelle35. Now I do that very very carefully. I took a course in Calligraphy, so beautiful. I throw a little of that in with my regular writing.

I always admire beautiful penmanship, and when I like someone's creative lettering, I'll just pick it up as my own. I even change my signature regularly. I keep on hand a good supply of special, pretty notepaper. It improves my hand.... Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@Preds wrote:

ROTFL ... My handwriting is a mix of being left handed, working for Dr's, printing everything, speed writing later and a mix of everthing.  When I look at my writing from HS it is so different from what I try to read now.  I have no style anymore.

My mother has the same writing she had and my father had the same.  My original writing is history.  Wish it wasn't because it was pretty.

Gregg Shorthand ruined my handwriting.  It is atrocious now.  I got through 5 drafts when I want to leave a note for someone on their desk.  LOL

I've had Gregg also, @VaBelle35. Now I do that very very carefully. I took a course in Calligraphy, so beautiful. I throw a little of that in with my regular writing.

I always admire beautiful penmanship, and when I like someone's creative lettering, I'll just pick it up as my own. I even change my signature regularly. I keep on hand a good supply of special, pretty notepaper. It improves my hand.... Smiley Happy 

@febe1  Calligraphy is a good idea.  Or maybe just practicing my handwriting.  When I was writing my thank you notes after my father's funeral, I couldn't believe how out of practice I was with hand writing.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

This is always interesting. I actually have a little OCD phobia about letters that are "open" or have open spaces. I can't stand for a letter to be open in any spots (as is "air" could get in or out). According to this article, that means I'm private and an introvert, which is very true.  I also press down so hard, I bend my pen points and sometimes tear the paper I'm writing on. Maybe I need therapy! ....or I could just have a stressful job. LOL