Respected Contributor

Re: Handwriting- What Does Yours Reveal About You?

[ Edited ]

Now that so many schools are not teaching cursive writing, the charts need to be redone. I remember being into graphology as a kid. Fun to see. I mix cursive and printing. That probably means I am "not playing with a full deck?" Google time....

Later: ok, mixing cursive and printing is rather normal and may mean I am in a hurry. True. I also write backwards a lot and wrote my daily journal backward for years. No idea what that means. In my career, I often took notes backward, too, without even thinking about it. 

Honored Contributor

I have nice handwriting.  I can tell you that it reflects laziness though.  My first name, middle initial and last name = 21 letters.  When I sign something I write first and middle initial and then the entire last name.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Here are some handwritten signatures from What's My Line?

personal old hollywood alfred hitchcock gene kelly julie andrews

lucille ball favorite people whats my line louis armstrong tallulah bankhead

lucille ball favorite people whats my line louis armstrong tallulah bankhead

eve arden lucille ball favorite people whats my line louis armstrong

alfred hitchcock personal old hollywood gene kelly julie andrews

television vintage jessica walter whats my line match game

julie andrews joan crawford lauren bacall bette davis barbra streisand

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting, @lolakimono. I've always had an interest in everybody's handwriting. But today I found out I'm a Schizo: I change my handwriting very often. Smiley Happy It's just fun to do. I admire a left-handed slant, while mine is naturally right, so I just change it. It's prettier.

There's a wealth of information there....

Esteemed Contributor

What I've always found very strange is my son has the identical, beautiful penmanship as does his father. How could this be?

Respected Contributor

I'm lefthanded and can write in cursive in mirror image, just as easily as writing the correct way.  I don't even want to guess what they'd diagnose me as.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I know several people who have beautiful, flamboyant, creative handwriting; slightly larger than normal (in the scheme of things).  My handwriting isn't as creative, although very nice.  It was more beautiful before my fast-paced college note-taking, lol.  I love receiving beautiful handwritten cards and notes.  Heartwarming.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  I also know a few brilliant people who have handwriting that I can't read, lol.  Would be interesting to do a study on that very subject. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

ROTFL ... My handwriting is a mix of being left handed, working for Dr's, printing everything, speed writing later and a mix of everthing.  When I look at my writing from HS it is so different from what I try to read now.  I have no style anymore.

My mother has the same writing she had and my father had the same.  My original writing is history.  Wish it wasn't because it was pretty.

Gregg Shorthand ruined my handwriting.  It is atrocious now.  I got through 5 drafts when I want to leave a note for someone on their desk.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I took a few handwriting analysis classes and loved it! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**