Honored Contributor

Handcuffed Teen Under Arrest Saves Cop's Life

How about a little good news?

Nice story, video and more detail on link.

"A Florida teen who was processed into the Ft. Lauderdale Police Department Booking Facility is set to be commended later this month for heroically helping to save the life of an officer who collapsed while booking him, an incident that was captured on surveillance camera."

http://abc7news.com/news/video-arrested-teen-saves-police-officers-life/474920/

Florida teen saves police officer's life

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Re: Handcuffed Teen Under Arrest Saves Cop's Life

I read this last night. What a nice story for a change. That kid must feel really good about himself. Sometimes the smallest thing can turn a life around.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

He did a good thing! I'm proud that they acknowledged it.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I wonder if they decided not to arrest him?

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

He doesn't seem like a bad kid, but caught up in the wrong kind of life. I'm hoping at least one or two of the cops takes him under their wing and helps him find a better direction in life.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

What a cool story! Thanks for sharing it, Noel!Smile

eta: One of the stories states: "Greenlaw told ABC News the teen remains under probation restrictions, but the department is hoping that they will be lifted for the ceremony."

and

"Fort Lauderdale police declined to comment on the specifics of his September arrest because he is a minor and that information is protected under the state’s “Sunshine” law."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Noel, great story!
Respected Contributor

Nice story. Thanks for sharing!

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Let's wish this teen a good, decent life. Get well wishes to the police officer.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor