Super Contributor

Re: Hand written letters, my first was in grade school we were assigned pen pals

@MacDUFF wrote:

@sunshine&rainbows

@Julie928

@panda1234

@AliJoi5

@Shorty2U

@[site would not let me @mention baker or romary...too bad I can't mail this quote to them!  hahahahahaha!]

Thought you might enjoy this quote...had to dig for it through pages and pages and pages of notes, postcards, thank you cards, quotes written on napkins, and hand-written letters...finally found it, but no attribution (sorry)...

"Every few months, I climb the ladder through a hatch into my attic.  Over near a dusty beam, I see a gray shoebox of letters.  Here's a valentine from when I was ten; a postcard from my best friend.  A love letter from my college sweetheart.  [...Aged paper; faded signatures....]  Might take me an hour to find the letter I'm looking for, as I pause for each memory...Perhaps a future generation will save their romances [and friendships] on floppy disks*...give me a shoebox of old letters.  Real mail has pretty stamps and postmarks...there's a return address, reminding me of a friend's home that I once visited.  Here's a pressed flower from some faraway summer...."

Yep, a pressed flower from some long-ago memory.

*a clue as to how old this quote is and how far back I had to go to retrieve it lol!

@MacDUFF

Thank you I do enjoy the qoute.

It took me down memory lane...

Sending love letters with a spritz of perfume..

Saving a rose pressed in a photo album...

Remembering I have some of my stuff in the attic in CA.

hope my son has time to get there, and put it in storage for me.

I hope you had fun reading and looking for the quote, a trip down memory lane for you too! Heart

Thank you for sharing.

take care of your self so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

Super Contributor

Re: Hand written letters, my first was in grade school we were assigned pen pals

@MacDUFF wrote:

@sunshine&rainbows

@Julie928

@panda1234

@AliJoi5

@Shorty2U

@[site would not let me @mention baker or romary...too bad I can't mail this quote to them!  hahahahahaha!]

Thought you might enjoy this quote...had to dig for it through pages and pages and pages of notes, postcards, thank you cards, quotes written on napkins, and hand-written letters...finally found it, but no attribution (sorry)...

"Every few months, I climb the ladder through a hatch into my attic.  Over near a dusty beam, I see a gray shoebox of letters.  Here's a valentine from when I was ten; a postcard from my best friend.  A love letter from my college sweetheart.  [...Aged paper; faded signatures....]  Might take me an hour to find the letter I'm looking for, as I pause for each memory...Perhaps a future generation will save their romances [and friendships] on floppy disks*...give me a shoebox of old letters.  Real mail has pretty stamps and postmarks...there's a return address, reminding me of a friend's home that I once visited.  Here's a pressed flower from some faraway summer...."

Yep, a pressed flower from some long-ago memory.

*a clue as to how old this quote is and how far back I had to go to retrieve it lol!

@MacDUFF

Thank you, the quote you found brought back memories for me.

I have replied to you twice and I do not know what happen to my replies?

Super Contributor

@MacDUFF

Thank you for your trip down memory lane.

I do enjoy the quote, it brought back memories for me.

A spritz of perfume on a love letter, a pressed flower...

I hope you enjoyed looking through all your memories too!

I tried to reply to you  three times!?! So if all of a sudden they come up that's why!

Thank you for sharing.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just notice this subject is posted twice!??

I did not press anything for this to happen?

How weird, I tried to reply 3 times to someone using quote and it did not work so I just replied to them.

Sorry it showing double now!?!

I am going to go write a letter to my son and his wife.

Have a wonderful day.

Esteemed Contributor

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I've always felt that cursive handwriting (often) reflects our individual personalities.  (Sort of like a unique thumbprint, only more creative.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

GEDC2318.JPGGEDC2316.JPG

please keep sharing your stories and wbs...

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

I've always felt that cursive handwriting (often) reflects our individual personalities.  (Sort of like a unique thumbprint, only more creative.)

@ROMARY

I agree, my mother had beautiful cursive handwriting.

Mine always started out nice, towards the end of my letters it seemed to get a little more sloppy.

My dear mother saved all my letters and cards...

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not seeing any duplicates of your thread or any of your posts, so I think, in this case, it's all good!  The site seems to be wonky today.

Have a wonderful evening.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@panda1234 @ROMARY

Schools have changed a lot.

I was talking to my daughter in-law about what they are teaching my grandson in school.

My daughter in-law, feels like the schools have changed a lot and are not giving him the tools, that are necessary to survive in real life and whats happening in our world.

So no in our little part of the world, they are not teaching cursive hand writing and they no longer have pen pals. Smiley Sad

I will help teach my grandson cursive and we will write letters to family members, I am sure he will be excited to mail them and receive and read  their responses.

Lets not let the art of hand written letters be a thing of the past.

Letters stand the test of time.

A piece of our life's history.