Honored Contributor

Re: Hand Sanitizer now Available

I was surprised to find hand sanitizers and disposable masks at my local supermarket today. They were all just inside the doors and I almost missed them. I didn't need the sanitizer but I did pick up some masks; they were $28.99 for 40. Better than anything I've seen online.

We have cloth masks but these will be good to keep in our cars just in case.  And, if nothing else, I can use them this summer for painting and maintenance.

Honored Contributor

@SunSprite  You can also try medical supply stores online.  I purchased a 4 oz. size for my purse and it was reasonably priced.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   Wow!  We always had paper towel, but it took many weeks before toilet paper appeared.  I believe the panic period is over but Target and Jewel have signs limiting the customer to 1 or 2 only.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

I found hand sanitizer at Ingles grocery last week. There were only 6 bottles when I got there with a 2 item limit per person. See some toilet paper but very little. Don't see disposable masks on shelves here. Costco still has no hand sanitizer but starting to have some paper products.  I live in northeastern SC.  Hand guns are in high demand and ammo is limited to a 2 box per caliber limit. It seems people are concerned about available law enforcement for protection. Additionally break ins have increased in our rural areas. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Valued Contributor

It is baffling to me how we can still have such a varying degree of available supplies across our country. 

While I do believe hoarding behavior is not helping--I have a hard time accepting that is the main cause of shortages. 

I guess it's possible? And I understand those hoarding don't realize that is what they are doing, or don't see it that way......someone posted about being a single person household and having 100's of rolls of toilet paper, but not being able to stop picking up additional packages as they come across them.....so I guess if there are enough people across the country, doing the same behavior, then maybe it is more of a factor. Hard to understand why people would do that to each other though.

Supplies still limited here include: hand sanitizer, Lysol spray/wipes, gloves, masks. Some stores still have no paper products (Walgreens for one), but you can usually find something somewhere to get you by. I'm very alarmed by the number of posts talking about stocking up for "the next wave" when areas still can't find these products for the here and now. Smiley Indifferent

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Valued Contributor

I can't find Lysol or Microban anywhere.  Same goes for some bathtub cleaners.

Honored Contributor

Kroger's (which goes by lots of other names across the country) has had Microban consistently stocked in the past few weeks. I bought one large spray bottle for $4.99. I saw it several times also on the shelves of Giant Eagle recently.