Honored Contributor
It must be a slim chance because I've been leaving bbn it in my car for years including the times I've been in Florida in spring and summer.
So far, so good.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  what's *bbn*?

Honored Contributor

@Marp I carry a tiny bottle of sanitizer in my purse rather than leaving it in the car.

I always thought the heat or cold would deteriorate it, but I never thought about it exploding.  Thanks for that info.

Honored Contributor
@Lucky Charm. Good question. My phone does stuff I don't touch and I see it too late after I press the post button and I can't edit my posts on this phone. Grrr I hate when that happens, sorry.
One always "charming" poster accused me of lack of an education when that happened recently so thanks for asking nicely. 🙂
Honored Contributor

I live in a very hot place.  I've heard of windows being blown out due to pressure from heat in a car but I've never heard of a fire due to hand sanitizer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've kept a travel sized bottle in my center console since last summer. I live in Arizona and never had a issue. But I'll change that and keep it in my purse.

Esteemed Contributor
I've kept a bottle in my car for years and will continue to do so.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Occasional Contributor

This so-called psa has been around for a few years now. This is false. Hand sanitizer will not blow up or start a fire in your vehicle. Hand sanitizer loses its strength.

Honored Contributor

The sanitizer caused damages in cars several times in our area last summer. I only have one teeny bottle of it and keep it in my purse. It gets too watery and thin if you leave it in the car anyway when it is warm outside. Thanks for the reminder.

Valued Contributor

My husband read this story and bolted outside. Came back into the house with his hand sanitizer.