Honored Contributor

Hand Sanitizer From A Distillery

A supermarket I went to yesterday was selling hand sanitizers made by a distillery in PA that started making them. They were not on shelves where the hand sanitizers are usually stocked so at first I didn't see them. As a I went to check out I saw large barrels that had a huge sign on them saying SANITIZERS DO NOT DRINK and then I saw why. They are in 16.9 oz bottles (not pumps) that look just like Vitamin Water flavored water bottles. They contain 80% alcohol as the active ingredient and water, glycerin and hydrogen peroxide as inactive ingredients and the label said it was made to WHO specifications. The 16.9 oz bottle cost $4.99 which wasn't gouging but about the price of Purell per 8 oz. I probably have enough hand sanitizer to last a while but I bought a bottle since it's the only place I've seen it since the pandemic started. When I use up one of my Kroger brand ones that is an 8 oz pump bottle, I'll transfer this in because I don't want spillage from using out of a bottle with a mouth.

On this subject a friend who lives in Sarasota FL got to Walmart at 7 this morning and found plenty of "name brand" hand sanitizer. it was the first he's seen since the pandemic started too.
Honored Contributor

Re: Hand Sanitizer From A Distillery

Just read today that there's a privately owned pharmacy not far from me where one of its pharmacists is making sanitizer to WHO levels.

Two good things -  I didn't even know that pharmacy existed and now I'll go give them business - starting with some sanitizer.  Thanks to my neighbos posting on nextdoor....

Honored Contributor

The policeman who was on security duty at the store told me the fire station employees had been using the sanitizer I bought and it was fine.

@millieshops You'd better get over there before it's all gone if you read that today!
Esteemed Contributor

We have a few distillery's in Pa making hand sanitizer. I bought some because I don't think we will ever see Purell again. 

Honored Contributor

@godi    I recently bought a bottle of Purell at Walgreen's.  I heard they donated a large amount to an organization here in my city.  There have been several reports here on the boards about wineries and liquor manufacturers making hand sanitizer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I cannot find Purell anywhere.  Anyone know if it is online anywhere????

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu    Have you tried Walgreen's?  They asked me if I wanted to buy it when I picked up a prescription at the drive-in window.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  Here's what we've been able to procure at Ollies in PA and MD.

hand sanitizer.jpg

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom. That's the same distillery mine is from, Faber in PA! But bottled differently. We have Ollie's too, I haven't been there in a while though. How many ounces in your bottle?
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I've tried 3 Walgreens in my area and none have any. They all said they've been out of it for weeks.