Respected Contributor

My husband was running errands. He called me to pick him up. The car would not start. Before I went very far, I got a second call. He remembered the Halo and boosted the battery. Halo came to the rescue and saved us a tow truck.

Respected Contributor

It saved my daughter several hours from home.  I also helped an elderly couple at the hospital on a very hot day, that felt good because triple A had told them it would be hours.

Esteemed Contributor

@On It  and @spumoni99  Which Halo do you own? I've been thinking about getting my DD and DIL something like that.

Respected Contributor

I got my daughter a Halo from QVC a few years ago, we also have one that costco sold, they seem to be just as good and a bit cheaper.

Honored Contributor

We had a similar experience this past Summer, when our Battery was dead due to leaving to flashers on over the weekend

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Halo to the Rescue

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom We have the Halo Bolt Air Car Jump Starter and Air Compressor. We did use it to air a tire that had gone flat on the same car that needed a battery boost today.

I ordered two, one for each car, from QVC in 2020.

Super Contributor

@On It   It is the best feeling to be able to use the Halo to get yourself (your husband in this case) going.  I have used my Halo so many times over the years and my favorite is when I am able to help someone else and they give me this look of disbelief - like what is that thing going to do to help?  As soon as they turn they key and their vehicle starts they want to know where I got the Halo. 

@PA Mom-mom   I will say that I think everyone should have two Halos - I am from Florida and they come in so handy during power outages to charge your phone or to run a little fan or a lamp.  The one that is on sale right now for $89.98 is perfect for that.  For the car, I would recommend the one with the air compressor - my  "low tire" light comes on anytime it gets cold here, and it's so nice to be able to air my own tires up quickly - you may want to start with that one next time it goes on sale.

Either way - I have given these as gifts several times and they are always so well received!

Esteemed Contributor

I've had mine for a few years so it just has the jump start and USB ports.

I got my son one with the air compressor for Christmas and he has used it numerous times for both starting his truck and airing a truck tire!  He loves it!

He said it was the most useful gift he had ever received!

Mine serves my neighborhood well!