Respected Contributor

Re: Halloween candy. Did you purchase too much too little or just right

[ Edited ]

If you don't want to keep leftover candy, I've heard/read that there are organizations that donate it to deployed service members.

I'm fine with how it went and my approach to it. I buy what I feel to give and am not one to give a handful to each kid (a few reasons). I also turn out the light once it lulls so I don't spend my time wondering about more coming or not. They get some, I get done.

Esteemed Contributor

Just right!  I don't turn on my porch light so I didn't get any trick or treaters and I didn't buy any candy.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I sent my husband out for candy and he bought too much.  We had a rainy night here too, so not too many kids.

I always take the extra candy to the nursing center my friend is in.  The aids and nurses always appreciate it.  There is a candy dish at the nursing station.

Honored Contributor

Too much.  It rained.  No kids at all.  I had a bowful of candy.  Into the trash it went. 

Esteemed Contributor

How sad you just throw it out, so wasteful.  There are so many organizations that would have gladly accepted the donation.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Regular Contributor

No one came- too much 

Valued Contributor

Too much as usual.  We buy what we like to eat, but if we couldn't,  we'd give it to my sister in law's grandchildren.

Respected Contributor

I only had 10 kids, which is normal for me. I probably would have had more, but it rained steadily all night last night which I think kept many away. I brought my leftovers to work. I bought 2 small bags this year. 

Respected Contributor

Started raining at 5:30pm, no treaters at all...I can't eat chocolate so threw the 1 bag away.

Esteemed Contributor

Even though we haven't had any kids in years DD bought a bag of Kit Kats, justin case.  We figure the year we don't buy any a few will show up.

The unopened bag is in the kitchen.  I'll have DD take the bag to work with her tomorrow.