Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Nothing.  I live in a typical suburban neighborhood but haven't had a tick or treater in the past 20 years.  There aren't any young kids as far as I know on my street, just a teenager or two.  I just wonder if the local churches have Halloween activities for the kids.  Nobody is ever outside or in the street at night. 

@Kachina624 

Same here, no younger kids in our neighborhood either, which means no trick or treaters.

Our area law enforcement agencies do a 'Trunk and Treat' event, set up in one of our parks, where the trunks of many police cars are full of treats (of all kinds) and they set up a lot of kids games and face-painting.

The prize for most of the games is the winner gets to turn on the lights and siren in one of the cars....OMG, those kids were in heaven!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

I am a BIG fan of Halloween and give out full size chocolate bars.  I figure once a year go big or go home. LOL

Unfortunnately over the past few years between safety concerns and COVID we have no trick or treaters..... boo hoo.  So now I donate halloween pumpkins to the children's ward at an area hospital and the kids seem to love them! 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Dentist either love the future business.....or curse the damage to kid's teeth.

@fthunt 

LOL!

I've always said that Halloween is a dentist's dream and orthodontist's too, due to broken braces from candy!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

As a mom - Kids go trick or treating to get candy.  Whatevery kind of candy you choose they will appreciate.

The packages of crackers aren't very appreciated because kids get those almost every single day as a snack at school.  Candy is a treat.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling   Bought Halloween specially packaged individually wrapped Oreos and Cracker Jacks. We usually don't get many children at all.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee we are in your shoes!  When we moved here we tried it 2 years and it was overwhelming.  We moved here for the quiet neighborhood and we're not up to this mob of strangers. 

Esteemed Contributor

I too live in a quiet condo complex now so we won't have any trick or treaters.  Before we moved we lived out in the woods on 10 acres and never had one out there either.  I haven't given out "treats" since I was in my first home in my late 20's and my kids were young.   Being a dental assistant I dressed up as the tooth fairy, wings and all and gave out Halloween pencils, LOL!

Respected Contributor

I live in a condo and don't get Trick-or-Treaters.  But, you can't go wrong with Reese's peanut butter cups.  It's the #1 favorite treat to receive. 

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

I live in a condo and don't get Trick-or-Treaters.  But, you can't go wrong with Reese's peanut butter cups.  It's the #1 favorite treat to receive. 

@Suzeecat  We don't get any either but buy candy just in case. It is an assorted bag and I have already eaten all the Reese's. And I am not even a candy lover.

Trusted Contributor

Last year because of Covid I decided not to give out treats figuring parents would keep their children at home.  Hah.  I saw more young ones going door to door than ever before.  So this year I bought 2 large bags of assorted candy.  I sure hope it's like last year and I don't get stuck with lots of treats.  I'm thinking maybe I'll just put everything in a big basket and let them take what they want, that way keeping my distance.