Honored Contributor

Re: Halloween Candy at Sam's Club

Is anyone even buying candy to give out? I'm conflicted, I don't know whether I should give candy out or skip it this year.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nekodaisy wrote:

I went there this morning to get my usual stuff and was going to pick up a bag of halloween candy just for the house.  I like the big assortment bags with the peanut butter cups in them but there was no halloween candy to be found. On a brighter note they had all their Christmas decorations and trees set up on this fine October 1st day.

Spoiler
Smiley LOL

Plenty of Halloween candy here in my area.  Walmart, Target, Costco, and my local m&p grocery store.  On sale.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 I live in a neighborhood that loves to celebrate Halloween Typically just about every house on my block is decorated, including lots of orange and purple lights etc. We get hundreds of kids that come to my neighborhood from my town and neighboring towns. 

This year, many of the families have already noted on facebook and on nextdoor that they are not going participate in door to door trick or treating this year. About the same amount still want to participate. 

Here is what I am doing: I purchased about half of what I usually would in candy and I bought Halloween themed self adhesvie clear celo bags. I am filling each bag with a couple of pieces of candy and placing them in a large container that I am putting at the bottom of my front steps/at the sidewalk for the kids to take. I am also putting out a large bottle of hand sanitizer. I will be safely on my porch which is at least 40 feet away and I can wave to the kids as they go by. If I get a lot of kids, oh well, when the candy is gone, I am going in. Anyone who is bringing out little ones will be out early so they will get candy for sure. 

I've been pretty good about everything that is going on in the world today, missing events and family etc. Halloween, though, has me really sad as it is a really BIG celebration in my area, it falls on a Saturday this year, there is a full/blue moon and it is my birthday. I'll be by myself but at least if there are some trick or treaters it won't be so bad. 

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl I feel bad for the kids, they look forward to Halloween, the costumes the candy,their parents may not want to take risk taking them door to door, also many people won't be giving out any candy. Recently I saw a news story, a cute little first grader was going to her first day of school wearing a mask. It saddens me this will be the normal for these young children, the masks, social distancing, and sanitizer. They are being robbed of just being a kid.