Regular Contributor
I went to our local hallmark store today to pick up a gift that was on one of my friends wish list for her 40th birthday. I went ahead and picked out a card, some gift wrap, bows. The gift was a little expensive but it's for a good friend so I didn't mind. But when I added up the cost of the card and gift wrap oh my gosh the prices were insane. I just kept saying to myself it's all for a good friend lol. Usually I get cards and gift wrap at other places so much cheaper. I just can't believe how expensive Hallmark has gotten. Does anyone shop their local hallmark store.
Respected Contributor

Abby, no...I don't shop there. It is a little expensive, but I think your friend will love what you got her.

Respected Contributor

All of our Hallmark shops closed . We have several Papyrus stores and they are much more expensive.

Super Contributor

I go for sales & you can get a customer Crown Rewards card for savings & also get emails for special offers.I like their quality but yes their prices are high

Super Contributor

You can shop online too.

Super Contributor

I love them because they are one of the few that still carry Springbok jigsaw puzzles...also not cheap.... Yankee candles too

Regular Contributor
Thanks kittykatkay, I just wanted her to have the whole hallmark experience.
Honored Contributor

I used to love Hallmark. They are mostly all closed here. I suspect they will be no longer in existence as a standalone store in not too many years.

Valued Contributor

Our Hallmark stores have all closed too!!

Regular Contributor

Our local store closed last week. One day they were there, and the next day they were gone. I understand that they were not given any warning. I agree that they sold nice things, and I'm sure your friend will enjoy her gift.