Honored Contributor

Re: Hall and Oates on CBS Sunday Morning

Daryl had to stop singing last Fall, I imagine you saw him just before he cancelled all of his shows.

He had something with his tonsils and is being treated for lyme disease and something else.  He posted on the Live from Daryl's house Facebook page.

Hopefully he is on the mend and will be back to recording more episodes of LFDH.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Image result for hall & oates maneater

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

We were visiting friends in Philly last fall and they got tix to see them as my husband likes them.

Great seats, but I didn't think they were that good.  No high notes anymore, but I was never wild about them.

We left a little early and were out in the parking lot.  Our friends were joking that we know we're getting old when we go to concerts and the performers are in their 60's and 70's.

So we can still hear the concert in the parking lot (Camden--outdoor venue) and H&O introduce Chubby Checker to the stage.  He started singing The Twist.  Everybody started doing the twist in the parking lot.  That was fun!

@Lucky Charm Love that Camden arena!!! I saw them during their tour last year at the outdoor arena 'equivalent' on the Jersey shore,they were terrific. No Chubby Checker though!!!  

@Ibby114

We had enjoyed a nice dinner along the riverfront at Penn's Landing.  Then took the ferry over from Philly to Camden.

Wondering where the outdoor arena is at the shore--we're in OCNJ now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

We were visiting friends in Philly last fall and they got tix to see them as my husband likes them.

Great seats, but I didn't think they were that good.  No high notes anymore, but I was never wild about them.

We left a little early and were out in the parking lot.  Our friends were joking that we know we're getting old when we go to concerts and the performers are in their 60's and 70's.

So we can still hear the concert in the parking lot (Camden--outdoor venue) and H&O introduce Chubby Checker to the stage.  He started singing The Twist.  Everybody started doing the twist in the parking lot.  That was fun!

@Lucky Charm Love that Camden arena!!! I saw them during their tour last year at the outdoor arena 'equivalent' on the Jersey shore,they were terrific. No Chubby Checker though!!!  

@Ibby114

We had enjoyed a nice dinner along the riverfront at Penn's Landing.  Then took the ferry over from Philly to Camden.

Wondering where the outdoor arena is at the shore--we're in OCNJ now.

@Lucky Charm it's off the Garden St Pkwy- in Holmdel. PNC Arts Center. I see shows in each most summers, but much prefer Camden. The parking as well as seating, I already have tickets for  shows in Camden this summer! 

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

Hi @hoosieroriginal,  I also watched the segment on Sunday Morning.  They sure do look good!  Seem to be very well balanced men.  My two favorite songs are "Out of Touch" and "She's Gone".

Sunday Morning was really good this morning.  I very much enjoyed the segment with Dr. Neil degrasse-Tyson.  I never heard about the Osage murders before. How tragic that was.

@Allegheny  I don't remember ever hearing about the Osage murders either.  Horrifying.  I just put in for the new book about this and the start of the FBI.

Trusted Contributor

I saw this and it was so good.  I was touched when John got emotioneal when they were standing in the room where evertthing began.  They both look great for their ages.

Esteemed Contributor

@TaylorBrown wrote:

I saw this and it was so good.  I was touched when John got emotioneal when they were standing in the room where evertthing began.  They both look great for their ages.

Darryl was practically in tears when I saw him & John last summer - such love from the crowd reaction!.

Awesome show, Sharon Jones opened the night. I never heard of her before and she was terrific- what  energy, with everything she was dealing with! How sad that she passed away recently.

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@TaylorBrown wrote:

Darryl was practically in tears when I saw him & John last summer - such love from the crowd reaction!.

Awesome show, Sharon Jones opened the night. I never heard of her before and she was terrific- what  energy, with everything she was dealing with! How sad that she passed away recently.

@Ibby114, I've never heard of Sharon Jones either so I Googled her. Found this video from 2011 when, by my math, she was around 55 or so. Anyway, talk about some high energy! And if you watch till near the end there is an appearance by Prince. How terribly sad to think they are both gone now. The video starts a little slow but Sharon turns it on in the middle with some FUN dancing. WOW! Makes my knees and hips hurt just watching it. Ha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99WYDZP5gtQ