Respected Contributor

Re: Hall and Oates on CBS Sunday Morning

@gidgetgh wrote:

Out of Touch is my favorite. Terrific song. 

@gidgetgh- Funny, they said it was Out of Touch video that made them say "what ware we doing?" then took a break - they thought the video was so stupid.

Honored Contributor

Abandoned Luncheonette

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I have two faves (tied for first place!)

Maneater and  Rich Girl

Honored Contributor

Love them!!  My favorite is I can't go for that (no can do). I sing it to my kids when they ask for the impossible. 😊

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seen Hall & Oates several times and just love their music.  My favorites are Rich Girl, Sara Smile, She's Gone, One on One, and Daryl Hall's version of Me & Mrs. Jones is just incredible.  I still have the most vivid memory of sitting at a stoplight in the late 70's in my bright yellow Pontiac Firebird with white interior and singing along to Rich Girl at the top of my lungs and being very happy and young, I think I was maybe 21 or 22 at the time. 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Abandoned Luncheonette

OMG, I love that one, too! Had totally forgotten about it, @Bird mama. And sadly, I think the last time I listened to it I was actually young. Crapola, now I'm 61!!!  

Respected Contributor

Missed it!  My favorite would be "You Make My Dreams."

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

We were visiting friends in Philly last fall and they got tix to see them as my husband likes them.

Great seats, but I didn't think they were that good.  No high notes anymore, but I was never wild about them.

We left a little early and were out in the parking lot.  Our friends were joking that we know we're getting old when we go to concerts and the performers are in their 60's and 70's.

So we can still hear the concert in the parking lot (Camden--outdoor venue) and H&O introduce Chubby Checker to the stage.  He started singing The Twist.  Everybody started doing the twist in the parking lot.  That was fun!

@Lucky Charm Love that Camden arena!!! I saw them during their tour last year at the outdoor arena 'equivalent' on the Jersey shore,they were terrific. No Chubby Checker though!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccenFp_3kq8

Turn this one up!!!

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor