Trusted Contributor

@NickNackok...

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@NickNackok...

@puttypiesmom  I edited my post as you were posting this to me.  Halfpint1 only hears the noises when she's at home.  When you have tinnitus you hear the noise all the time.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@NickNackok...

@puttypiesmom  I edited my post as you were posting this to me.  Halfpint1 only hears the noises when she's at home.  When you have tinnitus you hear the noise all the time.

@NickNackit has been my experience that the noise is heard when your environment is silent like when you have your tv turned off in your home and you are alone.  Outside or in a grocery store there's plenty of other noises to mask it, so I do understand what she is saying.  Now if one lives in a quiet rural area you will hear it outside as well. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@halfpint1 wrote:

Sorry I had alot of you worried. Ican't take white noise. I didn't talk about last night with my son.It is just rough being alone. But I guess I wasn't really alone for a lot of nice people were there for me. Thank you isn't enough to say.

@halfpint1

have you ever thought of keeping the radio on OR the tv on? maybe this would help block out the white noise that you are hearing?

so glad you came back to post and give us an update.

I use a fan, even in the winter to block noises out. (neighbor noises, cars going by etc.)

I believes HP is hearing noises, that it's not her imagination. Cell towers, smart meters and so on can give off frequencies to certain people.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like your phone is working @halfpint1. I couldn't find my post from yesterday in which you mentioned the phone being out. When you get scared, your kitties and QVC friends are here to calm you. I know we can't fix some of your problems, but we care about you.

Honored Contributor

Whatever you are doing, it is not working.  That almost always means taking a different approach.  Your doctor should be able to help you do that and you will have to give him the freedom to do it and be willing to take his suggestions. 

If you keep doing the same things in the same way you will only get the same results.  I'm sure that is not what you want.  You need to get the best life you possibly can.    Please let your doctor be your advocate.  I say this because it is obvious things aren't working out between you and your son and you really do need a pro-active advocate.  If not this doctor, another doctor.  

Honored Contributor

I took a break from this, to step back and think about her situation, she does not need to be alone,  the person that said her situation  is not working is right , i imagine her son is frustrated,  her stopping her meds because some one here told her wrong information,all this shows she needs to change everything ,move, she has to take charge of her life.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

In my mother in law's case my husband got power of attorney and medical power of attorney and took the correct steps. He also worked with her Dr. and between the 2 of them she was happy and safe before she passed.

Regular Contributor

I find it difficult to grasp that the police e on that wellness check di

dnt call for medical attention,given her state as evidenced on this board.While I am sure everyone is well meaning here,trying to suggest what her problems might be is not helping her.It seems there is a pattern of episodes posted here.These could  well be running signs of a breakdown.If she is going to a walk in place for psych problems ,they will not be very helpful.If her son is not helping,she really should go to the emergency room,explain her problems,let them keep her,evaluate her,they will have social workers available to determine living soulutions.Coming here begging for help ,qvc having to call police,means her situation is out of control  is not safe and an emergency.A social board should not replace  medical care ,what will happen the next episode?This may get very bad.

I hope as a community,while being kind can refrain from diagnosing her and  instead reinforcing her need to get medical intervention right now...MaryAnne

Honored Contributor

@I am stillkeeper of the  wrote:

I find it difficult to grasp that the police e on that wellness check di

dnt call for medical attention,given her state as evidenced on this board.Whike I am sure everyone is well meaning here,trying to suggest what her problems might be is not helping her.It seems there is a pattern of episodes posted here.These could  well be running signs of a breakdown.If she is going to a walk in place for psych problems ,they will not be very helpful.If her son is not helping,she really should go to the emergency room,explain her problems,let them keep her,evaluate her,they will have social workers available to determine living soulutions.Coming here begging for help ,qvc having to call police,means her situation is out of control  is not safe and an emergency.A social board should not replace  medical care ,what will happen the next episode?This may get very bad.

I hope as a community,while being kind can refrain from diagnosing her and  instead reinforcing her need to get medical intervention right now...MaryAnne

@I am stillkeeper of the .  The Doctors office she walked to is her Doctor. He had previously seen her and prescribed medicine. She stopped taking that medicine because of posters on this board giving bad advice.

Since she was at his office yesterday, she was told to start to take the medicine she should have been taking all along.

Posters her need to stop giving advice except for just encouraging her. She needs medical advice from her Doctor, no one else.