Esteemed Contributor

We were all worried about her, @goldensrbest.

That wasn't a correction. 

That was making sure she gets your notification.

Respected Contributor

Had to go out to pick my daughter up from work and just saw that halfpint posted.  Glad to hear she is okay and the phone was an easy fix.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry I had alot of you worried. Ican't take white noise. I didn't talk about last night with my son.It is just rough being alone. But I guess I wasn't really alone for a lot of nice people were there for me. Thank you isn't enough to say.

Trusted Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Sorry I had alot of you worried. Ican't take white noise. I didn't talk about last night with my son.It is just rough being alone. But I guess I wasn't really alone for a lot of nice people were there for me. Thank you isn't enough to say.

@halfpint1 Oh sweetie!  I'm so glad you posted and that you are okay.  I'm so grateful for the people on this forum who were there for you and who reached out to QVC social team to send the police on a wellness check to help you.  I imagine you did feel alone and that's a horrid feeling, isn't it?  But you know what?  You wrote the forum and kind souls were there are you.  There are kind souls who do care for you.  Hope you hold that knowledge in your heart.  I wish you the best.

Valued Contributor

I’m so glad things are better for you today, @halfpint1!  I hope you give some thought to Adult Protective Services. They can be very helpful. 

Have a peaceful evening!

Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1, I can't find your post from earlier, I had replied to you when you wrote you were going to the dr. Were you able to get there and get home ok?

You have been on my mind about all day. I pray you are feeling better this evening.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

@halfpint1

have you ever thought of keeping the radio on OR the tv on? maybe this would help block out the white noise that you are hearing?

so glad you came back to post and give us an update.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

@halfpint1  You aren't hearing white noise.  White noise is what you use to block out sounds you're hearing.  They make white noise machines that have background noises such as fans to block out what you're hearing.  You could also keep a TV or radio on to try to help block out the sound.  That would be considered white noise.  I hope you find something to help you.

I wish you would talk with your son about moving to an Assisted Lilving or other senior living arrangement.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNackthe sounds of tinnitus come in many forms and for some it IS called white noise.  Those who refer to it as such are the lucky ones. 

Tinnitus is hearing a ringing, buzzing, hissing or whizzing noise in the ears (when that noise is not actually present in the environment) for an extended period of time.

Tinnitus can be loud, soft or any volume in between, and the sound can range from a low-pitched roar to a high-pitched squeal.

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@NickNackthe sounds of tinnitus come in many forms and for some it IS called white noise.  Those who refer to it as such are the lucky ones. 

Tinnitus is hearing a ringing, buzzing, hissing or whizzing noise in the ears (when that noise is not actually present in the environment) for an extended period of time. Tinnitus can be loud, soft or any volume in between, and the sound can range from a low-pitched roar to a high-pitched squeal.

@puttypiesmom  I've had tinnitus for about ten years.  I don't think what @halfpint1 has is tinnitus.  She only hears the noises when she's at home.  Mine never goes away.  She needs a doctor, possibly a psychologist, to evaluate this though.  She has been to an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau