Respected Contributor

Re: Half way to having Daylight Savings Time permanent

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

I hope it passes. 

Hi @Kalli 

Me too! Just choose 1, and for you it will make happy riding! Stay in that Saddle now.

hckynut   🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn , thanks! Smiley Happy  Been out 2 days this week on my older one.  Also worked the younger one in the round pen yesterday. He had a bit of spunk! haha  Only  needed the headlamp for the last half hour, 7:30-8:00 so that was nice.

Today it's rainy for now.  Hopefully it will clear up as the day goes on.

Have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@Maggie Nolia wrote:
Would love not changing the time twice a year, with one, DST or non-DST. Would prefer non-DST. Just stop the stupid changing it!

So will the swamp dictate to us or will us peons get to vote on it?

@Maggie Nolia We live in a democratic republic. We vote through our representatives--for better or for worse.

A 2019 poll conducted by the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research found that 70 percent of people surveyed wanted to end the practice of changing the clocks. Approximately 40 percent advocated for staying on standard time year-round, while 30 percent preferred sticking to daylight saving time.  It would appear that the states with the largest populations--or the industries with the largest influence--prefer DST to Standard Time.

@Love to Run I was sure that if they ever decided to stay on one time, it would be DST.  That's because people spend more money at businesses when it's light longer in the evening.  And of course, we always have to go with what makes business happy -- don't get me started! : ).  I prefer standard time, but will take the partial win of not having to change twice a year.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just checked online.  The Senate approved the bill.   It has to go to the House for approval there next.  Hope it goes through.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DST does not work in Texas....with energy conservation being a key word we dont need more daylight hours in the summer Im thinking about my A/C bills coming up and it still being daylight until almost 10PM..(9:43PM)..🤔  So permanent STANDARD TIME makes more sense in Texas!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

As if winter wasn't depressing enough, who needs total darkness at 4:30 pm?  DST gives you another hour to get things done, see your home in daylight, commute in light instead of pitch darkness.

@Kachina624 

My mom always said they got DST backwards, wouldnt it have made more sense for adjusting clocks to give more daylight hours in the WINTER months!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

As if winter wasn't depressing enough, who needs total darkness at 4:30 pm?  DST gives you another hour to get things done, see your home in daylight, commute in light instead of pitch darkness.

In Arizona summer is depressing enough. Who needs another hour of hot sunlight when the temps are 100 degrees plus for months on end. We don't need it to get dark at 9 pm.

@Meowingkitty 

download (2).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

In Arizona summer is depressing enough. Who needs another hour of hot sunlight when the temps are 100 degrees plus for months on end. We don't need it to get dark at 9 pm.

@Meowingkitty 

download (2).jpg

You all do realize you are not changing the number of hours you have sunlight or the temperatures that will occur.....you are only changing your clocks

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

My mom always said they got DST backwards, wouldnt it have made more sense for adjusting clocks to give more daylight hours in the WINTER months!!

@Spurt    I just love long summer evenings and hate short winter afternoons.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I sent an email to my US Representative today urging her to support the DST bill.  Took very little time and effort.

@Kachina624 

Thank you for the reminder. I am going to send one off as well. Dear Lord, please let this happen. I love DST.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I sent an email to my US Representative today urging her to support the DST bill.  Took very little time and effort.

@Kachina624 

Thank you for the reminder. I am going to send one off as well. Dear Lord, please let this happen. I love DST.

Oh no dear book friend, we have to have it as dark as soon as possible to curl up with our reads.  Bring on the night!!!!Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."