Honored Contributor

Re: Half-Staff Flags: Until Sunset, 3/11 (F)

We can raise the flags to full-mast again tonight after sunset.

Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Moretofollow wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

She deserves the honor.  I might disagree with our present POTUS but his wife is serving right now. They get to live a wonderful life in the White House but it comes with a price. Putting their career on hold, stress of living in a fishbowl and the trash talk, etc.....

The current one vacationed in Spain with her daughters and mother courtesy of taxpayers; and then there was the sightseeing trip she and her daughters took to China.  

-----------

The trips do bother me a little. I mean they have gone to Hawaii every Christmas. Not necessary IMO. However Nancy who I really admired was not exactly frugal either.

He is FROM Hawaii and his sister lives there. He is going home for the holidays - like many leaders have before him.

Many of us wish we could visit relatives at the holidays who live in such a fantastic state. 

Trusted Contributor

The Beach Boys gave a very touching tribute to Mrs. Reagan at their concert in Texas. 

Rest in peace, Mrs. Reagan.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Lord has provided a sunny day in which to deliver Mrs. Reagan to her cherished Ronnie's side.  She more than deserves her blessed reward.  And the reading of the Christmas letter surely moved me to tears.  Every wife should know the feeling of being so loved. 

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

The Lord has provided a sunny day in which to deliver Mrs. Reagan to her cherished Ronnie's side.  She more than deserves her blessed reward.  And the reading of the Christmas letter surely moved me to tears.  Every wife should know the feeling of being so loved. 

What a beautiful letter...

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Moretofollow wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

She deserves the honor.  I might disagree with our present POTUS but his wife is serving right now. They get to live a wonderful life in the White House but it comes with a price. Putting their career on hold, stress of living in a fishbowl and the trash talk, etc.....

The current one vacationed in Spain with her daughters and mother courtesy of taxpayers; and then there was the sightseeing trip she and her daughters took to China.  

-----------

The trips do bother me a little. I mean they have gone to Hawaii every Christmas. Not necessary IMO. However Nancy who I really admired was not exactly frugal either.

He is FROM Hawaii and his sister lives there. He is going home for the holidays - like many leaders have before him.

Many of us wish we could visit relatives at the holidays who live in such a fantastic state. 

------------------

He left Hawaii at age 18. He has one sister that lives there. He has lived in Chicago twice as long. BTW I lived Hawaii also and have spent more than a few Christmas's there myself.  

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Oh my, what a tribute to a gracious lady.  Now Ava Maria!  The Reagans hold a special place in my heart as DS was named after the President.  Tears flowing...................

Esteemed Contributor

It is nice to see the other first ladies there. I think Barbara Bush and R. Carter are missing. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

It is nice to see the other first ladies there. I think Barbara Bush and R. Carter are missing. 

Mrs. Carter is there.  Her husband is not.

Respected Contributor

Rosalyn Carter is sitting next to Mrs. Clinton.