Honored Contributor

Re: Half-Staff Flags: 9/11 (Tues)

@WaJa61 wrote:

Did you get to hear the chimes of the Tower of Voices, @just bee? Can only imagine how lovely and haunting it sounds. 

I hope to hear them on Tuesday when our First Lady will be there. 

@WaJa61

I do, too.  I saw the televised dedication but had to hunt for a YouTube video to hear the Tower.  There was a brief chiming in the rain.  I'd read that the Tower is not quite complete and more chimes will be added over the next few weeks.

I don't know.  I would just like to hear what is there tomorrow.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

Let’snot forget The people that lost their lives in Washington, DC.  It’s not all about New York.  Thank you.  

@Blingqueen023  And Pennsylvania.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I am wearing my remembrance medallion that I purchased from the Q but sadly I have to say that nobody has commented on it.I used to get questions and comments about it but now nothing....I will never forget that horrifying day or all of the lost lives.I will never forget that day that changed everything and our sense of safety was taken away in an instant.It was beautiful to see all of the heros that rose up from those ashes and sad that they are suffering the aftermath to this day.

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

Let’snot forget The people that lost their lives in Washington, DC.  It’s not all about New York.  Thank you.  

@Blingqueen023.  And as another poster has stated, let's not forget the people that lost their lives in Pennsylvania. Amazing brave souls that they were on that plane. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

I also find it hard to think it was 17 yrs ago, what a terrible day for so many.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@WaJa61 wrote:

Did you get to hear the chimes of the Tower of Voices, @just bee? Can only imagine how lovely and haunting it sounds. 

I hope to hear them on Tuesday when our First Lady will be there. 

@WaJa61

I do, too.  I saw the televised dedication but had to hunt for a YouTube video to hear the Tower.  There was a brief chiming in the rain.  I'd read that the Tower is not quite complete and more chimes will be added over the next few weeks.

I don't know.  I would just like to hear what is there tomorrow.

Thank you, @just bee. ❤️ I'll find the video on YT, just in case. Really hoping the weather will be clear, so we can hear what is available of the impressive chimes tomorrow. This is the first such chime tower in the world, and I think a most unique memorial for those brave souls lost to us in PA on that terrible day. When it is completed, I'd love to visit it and pay my respects. 

I haven’t been able to visit the memorial in NY yet, but will soon, God-willing. 

Have viewed the Pentagon Memorial in Arlington, VA: 

2991259F-CCA2-4185-A62F-114C138BF36D.jpeg

As I live south of there, outside Charlottesville. Really striking at night. 

God bless all the victims, their loved ones and the brave responders... many of whom suffer yet, or have perished. 

69CDFF13-450E-48AE-BE9F-71ADB43F62C1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom@WaJa61@goldensrbest@proudlyfromNJ@dex

This article has a recording of a simulation of the sound of the voices Tower of the Voices...hope I got this right. 

Edited to remove link that contained political topics

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@sidsmom@WaJa61@goldensrbest@proudlyfromNJ@dex

This article has a recording of a simulation of the sound of the voices Tower of the Voices...hope I got this right. 

You did get it right and many thanks, @LTT1! ❤️

Wow, sends chills to my soul, and yet... so beautifully soothing, too. 

Honored Contributor

@WaJa61@sidsmom@goldensrbest@proudlyfromNJ@dex

I had dear little students in class that day (teens) who were very baffled.

They came to class with tons of questions.

We were supposed to try and not talk about the tragedy.  Many of them had called their parents; just as many did not know yet.

We didn’t have cell phones at the ready yet.

Years later I would have a student in class whose uncle was his hero; he had been an FDNY who had died on that day. He was this young man’s hero. 

This young man NEEDED a hero, that is for sure.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 thank you.That is very haunting and calming...sad but beautiful.