Respected Contributor

Re: Half-Staff Flags: 9/11 (Tues)

Did you get to hear the chimes of the Tower of Voices, @just bee? Can only imagine how lovely and haunting it sounds. 

I hope to hear them on Tuesday when our First Lady will be there. 

Honored Contributor

I love this country!  Everyday I thank God I live here.  My heart is heavy for those we have lost.  

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Kind of hard to believe it was 17 years ago this Tuesday.

Shoekitty said

i know it is hard to believe those years have passed.  That morning  my daughter brought my grandson to babysit.  I was in bed nursing a bad back.  My daughter threw on the TV in hysterics.  I hadnt heard til then.  My grandson was pre school at the time.  He is finishing college now. 🙀

Respected Contributor

We go to NYC a few times a year. In early 2001 I took a picture of the towers on one of those visits. Eight months later those towers were gone from the skyline.

Put that picture in a frame so I never forget the innocent people who left for work that morning and never returned home. ☹️

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

All these years later I still can't wrap my mind around this senseless, unholy attack - so many lives lost, so many families destroyed for nothing but misguided ideology.  It helped no one's "belief" system or cause.  My heart was shattered that day and still has not mended.   Sadly, the flag in our front yard will be at half staff, once again, on 9/11.

Esteemed Contributor

I started to read the posts and couldn't continue because of the tears that blurred my eyes.  I was born and raised in New York and I was living on the west coast when the Towers were attacked, I was stunned and terrified.  My son could see the Towers from his house.  I don't think any of we Americans will ever forget that day, it will live on in infamy.  God Bless America.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Let’snot forget The people that lost their lives in Washington, DC.  It’s not all about New York.  Thank you.  

Respected Contributor

Let’s not forget The people that lost their lives in Washington, DC.  It’s not all about New York.  Thank you.  

Respected Contributor

The attacks took place on a Tuesday.  So, another Tuesday, 9/11 is upon us.  I watch many of the documentaries about that day throughout the year.  It's almost just as unbelievable as the day it all happened. Those of us who were adults on that horrible day will never forget.  However, those who were young children or not born yet don't really understand.  I doubt the events of 9/11/2001 are taught in public schools.  

Honored Contributor

https://jcmorrows.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/we-will-never-forget.jpg?w=1280&h=864http://www.shangralafamilyfun.com/gala-e/911never.gif