Honored Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

I think you should be daring and do something like Katy Perry's sassy undercut.  Has everyone seen her new "break-up" haircut (from Orlando Bloom) -- at least that's what the media is calling it.  I think it's outrageously beautiful on her. I would do it.

Katy Perry's new cutKaty Pery, Haircut

@SaRina

And she's outrageously young and beautiful.  I have seen this photo, and she can do anything she wants.  She is known for wearing many wigs. 

I did buy a wig about two weeks ago, and I can't get it to look right on me, and I can't return it, they don't take returns.  Wigs generally are too shiny and have way too much hair.  My opinion only.  I wish I could wear them.

@LilacTree... I know what you are saying about wigs feeling like they have too much hair. I had to wear a wig for awhile, as I foolishly let a male hair stylist cut my hair into the "perfect" style for me. It was horrible...maybe on a 15 year old!

At first, I felt like there was just too much hair also. No, you can't return the wig, but you can take it back in and let them custom cut it for you. Some of them have taken courses in how to snip the base material on the under side of the wig so that you can get a really good fit. I'm a very small-boned person, but I have a large head. The person who sold me my wig knew how to snip the base inside to make it more comfortable. It worked fine...did not damage it at all. She also custom-designed the style of the wig for me by basically giving the wig a haircut while it was on my head. The wig I purchased was a lace top wig (you could part it)...and my wig looked as if it had some outgrown roots. It was very natural looking. It takes a little adjusting to it, but it did the trick for me. I received many compliments on it. Good luck with yours!

@Yardlie

Great idea!  In fact, my own daughter is a former hair stylist (for 30) years and she has probably done this herself.  I will ask her when she's feeling better. 

In the meantime I cut bangs and about six inches off myself.  It's not as short as I want it, but it's still a relief.  When she is up to it, my daughter will style cut it for me and maybe the wig too!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Did you have an appointment before?  

Honored Contributor

Is this the daughter that lives with you?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest

Yes, she was an excellent hair cutter and stylist for over 30 years (since she was 18).  Wherever she worked the owners always had her cut their hair.  And she had a very large "book" of loyal customers for so many years. 

Lyme Disease took all that away.  Nowadays she might have two decent days out of a week.  Then she runs errands as long as her strength holds up.  And that will take days of recuperation.  Nobody takes it seriously, and that is the most frustrating part.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

Did you have an appointment before?  

@GenXmuse

If you mean a hair appointment . . . no.  I haven't been to a hair salon in decades. 

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest

Yes, she was an excellent hair cutter and stylist for over 30 years (since she was 18).  Wherever she worked the owners always had her cut their hair.  And she had a very large "book" of loyal customers for so many years. 

Lyme Disease took all that away.  Nowadays she might have two decent days out of a week.  Then she runs errands as long as her strength holds up.  And that will take days of recuperation.  Nobody takes it seriously, and that is the most frustrating part.

I hope the treatments she is having,will help her get her life back.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@LilacTree  I just looked at your picture. My, you are a pretty lady. Especially considering all your health issues. Why do I look Iike walking death these days??!! Argh

@Reba055

Really, Reba, if you could see my disfigured hands, and the bending of my back, and my swollen stomach (at times), and how thin I am, not to mention the way I feel every day, you wouldn't be saying that.  It just hasn't hit my face as much . . . yet.  But thank you. 

I could also say I have never smoked, never sat in the sun without a lot of protection, and sleep only on my back.  I think that has helped. 

@LilacTree  I feel your pain on all that. I have people tell me that I look so good. I always say thank goodness I don't look like I feel! Lol. My face is thin though and I'm looking too sickly these days. I always thought I would do fillers but I can't be bothered right now. At least I don't have many wrinkles and younger people are always surprised by my age. So there's some hope I guess 😂😂

Esteemed Contributor

Hello @LilacTree,

I had briefly seen your last several day referring back to having your hair cut, viewed the suggestion(s), then the photo(s) that you may consider. 

It was three years ago in June when you had posted the _former photo_  (sitting on the chair from a restaurant) when I told you "that's a great pose..you should show that particular one".........

Having no idea if your hair was either short or longer, at that time, being pulled UP or not, I thought that flattered you very much~~~

I have hair down to below my shoulders and I can attest to the work it takes to wash and style, so naturally I am considering your health issues. I know this becomes more difficult each time you do decide to -give it a one more time-a-round. 

I did not like the Kate Perry look..that was not you -period!

However, I though the shorter (not boy short) with soft light bangs to one side would be perfect.

I love (even me) longer hair, but can be sometimes consuming drying, so now I let my hair 'air dry' then apply a leave in light conditioner (N. Chavez is one of the better products), then tie it back with a soft elastic (not tight) but one that is easily adjustable and after up, the either use a hot roller apparatus for a few seconds or a small amount of mousse and place three rollers on top after the ribbon is in place, then blow dry  

I found this works for me. 

I had my hair cut several years ago and was it a disappointment. Too many layers and the nap of neck was severely naked. No, not trusting many doing my hair!

I do have some very beautiful styles I had 7 years ago that I would take a chance in having the SAME artist cut, if she were to still be in activity(??)

I wanted to stop in, say hello and chat more often than before. 

Love having a friend that knows great movies as I, especially our TLHS. You are the only person that understands that movie, so the reason I abbreviated and will do each time using names that only we know.

Back as soon as I am finished with a mural for our front door, adding in some beautiful oil painted glasses that I am doing for our son with precise paints that finally have come in from across the pond. 

Please, I am hoping that you have a better than usual day; know that I am thinking about you, a lot.

NAES