Honored Contributor

Re: Had to buy more hand soap

I've been stocking up on Mrs Meyers hand soap from Grove.  We've been going through so much.  I think I have a pretty good stash now. 

It normally lasts a good amount of time.  It's not drying either. 

Honored Contributor

I just use one brand of bar soap for everything (hands, body, face) .... Kiss My Face Olive Oil soap.

I get it by "subscription" from Amazon.  

Valued Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I like the Beekman bar soaps.  

You might like to check out Clayton’s Way Farm. They are a small husband and wife operation in New Hampshire who have a variety of great homemade soaps and are very responsive and efficient. Even with a small price increase, I think they are still less costly than Beekman’s. With the purchase of five bars you get a sixth bar for free.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I only really wash my hands more than usual when I go out which is not often.  Since I'm at home most of the time it's hand washing as usual.

Same with meSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I've been stocking up on Mrs Meyers hand soap from Grove.  We've been going through so much.  I think I have a pretty good stash now. 

It normally lasts a good amount of time.  It's not drying either. 

That's good to know, my hands are so dry.  I just bought some of Mrs. Meyers soap.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Over Christmas, Costco had a great sale on sets of fragrance liquid handsoaps - gave some away - and still have many, which will last me for a year or more.

I also purchased 8 bars of Beekman's Scented Soaps - gave 4 away and have 4 left. Love this soap, which I use in the shower. 

I've been collecting everything soap!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
@gidgetghThose 8 oz BBW soaps don't last that long for one person, let alone two. I buy hand soap with minimum 12 oz and often more than that. I too like foaming ones.

What I will say in favor of BBW soaps is the pump pumps out every last single bit of it. Even when it looks empty there's more to pump out for quite a while.

@Pearlee    Those soaps last me a long time and, having dogs, I use them often.  I find it's not necessary to use a full pump.  Just a dab provides plenty of soap for a good, effective hand wash.  I think they make a pump extra large so you'll use and buy more.

@Kachina624 

And the same thing with cats...changing litterboxes and after the cats come in from the patio....lots of handwashing......And then in the kitchen preparing food to prevent cross contamination....and then the bathroom....Yep, I love the BBW soaps....like the dispenser and the fact their soap doesnt dry out your hands like others do...

My sister has a BBW right near her....I told her to let me know when it opens, she said she needs soap and candles too, so we will be some of their first customers.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not washing my hands any more than I use to.

I never have been the type who touches one thing (i.e. mail) then runs to wash my hands.

I also don't rip off my clothes and throw them in the wash as soon as I come home.

I also don't wear gloves, because they offer a false sense of security.

As soon as you touch something, they're dirty, so you touch one thing, then you have to change them before you touch the next thing, otherwise, you are just defeating the purpose of wearing gloves.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  you are so right about the pumps.  They make them a lot bigger now.

We had four children under the age of 12 living with us for a year and in order not to waste the liquid soap, I wrap a rubber band half way up the neck of the dispenser so that the pumb would only dispense half of what was needed.

Honored Contributor

DH likes the BBW deep cleansing hand soaps...the ones with the tiny beads in them...I don’t like them because they leave grit in the sink. After finding a great set of hand-soap at Costco that came in 24 Oz bottles, I am stocked up now...but have always had a stash of hand-soap.
You can use almost anything as a substitute if you run low on hand-soap. Shampoo, body wash, shower gel all work great. Just fill up an empty soap bottle. I find BBW’s current “ sale” price on their soaps is too high so I am using what I have and won’t be buying any more until they lower their prices...if ever. I went into Dollar Tree today and they were fully stocked with bar soap...no liquid soaps, though.