Honored Contributor

I always have a really good stash of foaming soap from Bath and Body Works. I use 2 fragrances that are no longer sold in the store- discontinued. Of course.

So I buy them from Ebay. And get a bunch at a time. 

If you are like us,  we are seriously racing through our hand soap at a rapid clip right now.  All the extra hand washing.  My stash was starting to get a little lower than I like. 

Anyway, I bought more from eBay a few days ago.  The available supply was much less than it had been and they had increased their prices. That didn't thrill me, but I like the fragrances so I bought them. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Had to buy more hand soap

I only really wash my hands more than usual when I go out which is not often.  Since I'm at home most of the time it's hand washing as usual.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 - every time I open an outside door, bring in the newspaper, bring in and open packages, get the mail, clean up after meals, handle my husbands medications.  I feel like all I do is wash my hands.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   I was washing my hands often before...I also do so when bringing in packages, handling the dog, or doing anything related to food but I had gotten into the habit to do so before all of this started. 

So I am stocked on hand soap and have been for years...I buy a lot on bar soap from Etsy.

Honored Contributor

I think maybe I qualify as a hoarder of hand soap.

Honored Contributor

I buy soap pumps on amazon,for foaming soap, i also get castile liquid soap, add that plus water, mild on hands, an goes a long way.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Those 8 oz BBW soaps don't last that long for one person, let alone two. I buy hand soap with minimum 12 oz and often more than that. I too like foaming ones.

What I will say in favor of BBW soaps is the pump pumps out every last single bit of it. Even when it looks empty there's more to pump out for quite a while.
Honored Contributor

I've found that bar soap goes a lot further than liquid soap.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@gidgetghThose 8 oz BBW soaps don't last that long for one person, let alone two. I buy hand soap with minimum 12 oz and often more than that. I too like foaming ones.

What I will say in favor of BBW soaps is the pump pumps out every last single bit of it. Even when it looks empty there's more to pump out for quite a while.

@Pearlee    Those soaps last me a long time and, having dogs, I use them often.  I find it's not necessary to use a full pump.  Just a dab provides plenty of soap for a good, effective hand wash.  I think they make a pump extra large so you'll use and buy more.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I love Bath and Body Works hand soaps.  I have a stash of the regular and the foaming.  More than I need because you know how it goes in their store.  Buy 2, get 3 free or buy 5 and the price is very low.........🤣🤣. And of course I fall for it every time.  Especially if I have an additional coupon..........

I also love the Pecksniff hand soaps.  I find them at TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Homegoods.  They have beautiful fragrances.  Have a stash of those too.  

Glad I have them as we are washing our hands even more than usual now.  I was in Walmart this morning and the hand soap shelves were bare!  I guess we all are into extra hand washing.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward