Respected Contributor

Re: Had to Put Down My Sweet Girl Yesterday...Prayers Please

I am so sorry for your losses, your cat and brother. I just lost my sweet, beloved dog August 18th. I'm an RN also. We couldn't put her down. There was nothing else the vets could do for her. We took her home. She was alert and we took care of her 24/7. She wasn't in pain (we had pain medication). We wanted to bring her home and by surrounded by what she was familiar with and love, lots of love. She died in my arms with my husband and daughter at her side too. She went fast, two days after bringing her home. I know bringing her home was the right thing to do because even the vets said she was so depressed in the hospital. She perked up when she came home. I know people say it takes time and it gets better...etc. But it doesn't for me. It doesn't get better or easier, it just gets different. I still cry everyday. My heart has an empty spot that cannot be filled without her. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time and hope you find peace.

Respected Contributor

Madisson - you've been through such a sorrowful time and my thoughts and prayers are with you. The loss of family - brother and kitty - are absolutely devastating. Do your best to remember both in good times. I will hold you gently in prayer. Take care of yourself.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

Madisson, I'm crying with you. Sounds like you were a great fur mom to her. I am so sorry.

This website has all kinds of cremation urns for your pet: http://www.perfectmemorials.com/

Pet loss sympathy card Paw prints on your heart for dog ,cat

Trusted Contributor

So sorry for the loss of your sweet kitty. I am sure the recent death of your brother made this loss even more difficult. Give yourself space and time to grieve, and don't beat yourself up for struggling with the decision to put her down. These decision-times come to all of us, and they're never easy. We just do the best we can. You can rest in knowing that your kitty is at peace now, that she led a good kitty-life with you, and that she knew she was loved.

I hope in a little while you'll be ready to welcome a new furry family member to keep you and your other cat company. Peace and healing to you.