Honored Contributor

Re: Had to Put Down My Sweet Girl Yesterday...Prayers Please

Madisson..

Thank you for letting me know that your precious girl's name was Nala because I was then able to light the candle for her.

I have no doubt that she was a mighty lioness,just as Nala in the Lion King was.

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Contributor

I am so, so sorry for you double loss. I had to put my sweet little pomeranian, Ruthie to sleep just over a week ago. She was 16 years old. Not a mean bone in her body. She had been ill for about 8 months and took a bad turn. Broke my heart to do this of course. She got me thru a lot in the past years, including a divorce after 30 years of marriage. I wish you warm wishes in getting thru your double loss. I got this poem after the loss of dog, Alllie almost 20 years ago. I cry but also smile when I think of my Ruthie and Allie doing this. Hope it true...

Esteemed Contributor

Madisson, I'm so sorry for both your losses. That's a lot of pain all at once. Bless you.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of your brother and your kitty. We are here for you...and I would recommend that you visit a web site called RAINBOW BRIDGE. COM there is a beautiful poem and you can light a candle with your kitties name on it. God speed and take care of yourself!

Esteemed Contributor

OMG, I know exactly how you feel. May God help take away the hurt and it hurts so bad.

My yard is like a pet cemetery with headstones and a cedar box in the house with my other kitty. It helped to have a picture on top of the box and a flameless candle that glows every night next to his ashes and picture. We had a private cremation, and not a group one.

My heart and prayers go out to you. Your kitty is not suffering anymore and had a wonderful life.

I lost my husband a week after my kitty, so it's very hard, but time does help. You don't forget, but you can think about the happy moments.

My husband loved the cat also, so it helped me to think they were together and he was taking care of him.

God bless

Honored Contributor

Sorry for your loss. Pets are an important part of the family.
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry, it is a horrible thing to have to do. Many of us animal lovers here know and understand. It's a humane thing out of love that it's done though for our little loves. Peace and prayers and hugs at this hard time.

Super Contributor

On 8/26/2014 beewee said:

I am so, so sorry for you double loss. I had to put my sweet little pomeranian, Ruthie to sleep just over a week ago. She was 16 years old. Not a mean bone in her body. She had been ill for about 8 months and took a bad turn. Broke my heart to do this of course. She got me thru a lot in the past years, including a divorce after 30 years of marriage. I wish you warm wishes in getting thru your double loss. I got this poem after the loss of dog, Alllie almost 20 years ago. I cry but also smile when I think of my Ruthie and Allie doing this. Hope it true...

beewee, So sorry I haven't been back here sooner...it just hurt too much. I'm so sorry for your loss too. I know what you mean by your pet helped you get through alot. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

On 8/27/2014 qvcaddition said:

OMG, I know exactly how you feel. May God help take away the hurt and it hurts so bad.

My yard is like a pet cemetery with headstones and a cedar box in the house with my other kitty. It helped to have a picture on top of the box and a flameless candle that glows every night next to his ashes and picture. We had a private cremation, and not a group one.

My heart and prayers go out to you. Your kitty is not suffering anymore and had a wonderful life.

I lost my husband a week after my kitty, so it's very hard, but time does help. You don't forget, but you can think about the happy moments.

My husband loved the cat also, so it helped me to think they were together and he was taking care of him.

God bless

QVCaddition, Wow...you really have been through it also with losing your husband and cat so closely. I feel that same way about my cat...thinking that my brother (and before that, my father), are looking after my furbaby in Heaven.

We had a private cremation also. I have the little box with her ashes on a special shelf in our bedroom. I also have a favorite picture of her and a flameless candle next to it.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Trusted Contributor

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Nala. I know exactly how you are feeling because I had to put my sweet Mollie down on Sept. 3. She was 18 and had been suffering with kidney disease and arthritis. She developed what my vet thought was a urinary tract infection so I was treating her with antibiotics for over a month. She started passing a lot of blood and not eating over the Labor Day weekend. She had an ultrasound which revealed she had a tumor in her bladder so we decided she had suffered enough so we put her down. I have another cat but my heart is broken for the one I lost. I know in time our hearts will heal but we will never forget the precious ones we lost.