Respected Contributor

Re: Had my other mammo---could use some good vibes

Problem is now it's a waiting game till I get it done. My Dr. here has to send my reports to the place I'm having biopsy done which is a big research hospital a ways away. I called them to see when I'd be getting the call to set it up & she said they just got my records today & it will be several days till they call me to set it up. The waiting is torture!

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@loveschocolate Glad yours came back negative and hope mine does as well. I too am having a mammography-led biopsy. Is that the one where you lay on stomach with breast in a hole? 

@KKJ , that is one way. Another method which I chose, is sitting up. Depends on the facility where the procedure is done if they have the set up for the chair. 

Trusted Contributor

@KKJ

Say to yourself, "I can handle this." Say it over & over until it becomes your mantra. Instead of letting your mind wander when you get scared, just say "I can handle this."
And you know what? You CAN handle this!
😊👍❤🙏
Respected Contributor

@KKJ 

It is normal to have the anxiety. I have been through this. They told me that with the better mammograms they are able to see so much more that they are catching things they did not in the past. The doctor told me that if they think you can wait a week or two then it is less likely to be a big problem. I was also told that a high percentage come back as negative.

The biopsy was not bad. I could not have it on the table and we had to do it a different way. It was quick. The most uncomfortable parts were the numbing and wrestling with the bra at the end. The needle looked like a gun and when the trigger was pulled you heard a clicking sound.  I did not feel it at all.

I believe your mind set is important. I told myself that I was in  God's hands and he was going to guide the medical personel in my journey. Every day I waited I told myself it was ok because I was being  watched over.

I had moments of fear. I reminded myself that I was doing everything that I could. If it turned out to be a big problem then God would guide me in the adventure. I think that stress and worry tend to make your health weaker.

Put your post it up on your mirror.

Every day read it and recharge.

Mine said  "We can do this"

I am going to be excited when you come back to post it is over and all is well.

doxie

Valued Contributor

I've had the punch biopsy,the ultrasound guided biopsy and the MRI guided biopsy ( four done at one time). The last one was horrible because of the amount of time those biopsies took. I was laying on my belly with my breasts hanging through the table. I was nervous,cold,shaking and had tears flowing by the end. I had already had two needle biopsies earlier in the day. I was at the breast center from 7:30-2:30. It was the worse day of testing but they wanted to get them all done. I wouldn't advise anyone to have so many in one day. The day was too long and difficult. Em

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining. Gosh you must have missed @KKJ's response to me saying she had considered that very idea. No need to be so outraged.
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Silver Lining. Gosh you must have missed @KKJ's response to me saying she had considered that very idea. No need to be so outraged.

Ok, I went back and saw the OP's brief response. You had gone into a lot of snide, incorrect and inflammatory statements saying the doctor an/or his associates ordered unneeded tests/procedures to pad their wallets to catch up from CoVid losses. It's an ugly untrue generalization. Also, it is inappropriate to "talk" like that and put those negative ideas in the mind of someone who is already upset and afraid. Anyway, as you know, a lot of times I agree with you. You know I'm right, don't you?

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining. That isn't at all what I said.
It is unreal how people read posts sometimes. No you are not right at all.
Respected Contributor

Over and out.

Respected Contributor

@embgm wrote:

I've had the punch biopsy,the ultrasound guided biopsy and the MRI guided biopsy ( four done at one time). The last one was horrible because of the amount of time those biopsies took. I was laying on my belly with my breasts hanging through the table. I was nervous,cold,shaking and had tears flowing by the end. I had already had two needle biopsies earlier in the day. I was at the breast center from 7:30-2:30. It was the worse day of testing but they wanted to get them all done. I wouldn't advise anyone to have so many in one day. The day was too long and difficult. Em

Am so sorry you had to go through all that. How did it turn out? Was it benign?