Honored Contributor

Re: Had my other mammo---could use some good vibes

@KKJ, I bet it will be all good. The odds are with you.

And I should thank you. I am overdo for a mammogram; in fact, I received a call just a few days ago about it. I told them I was going to wait. I think I've changed my mind.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Around 5 yrs ago, I had the same call from the doctor to come in for a 2nd mammogram. I had ovarian cancer in 2006 - and read that people with ovarian cancer are prone to getting breast cancer. I posted on this site - and was told by many women on here "not to worry" - that it's common to be called back. I didn't worry - and everything was fine.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@KKJ. I'm not at all saying this is what is going on in your case but I'm throwing this thought out there just as something else to think about and perhaps lessen your worry as you wait.

A couple of weeks ago I read a post here from @Lipstick Diva who perhaps will bump it for you. She was also in a worrisome medical situation for something. They recommended she undergo tests and procedures that she hadn't had to in past even though she had checkups for it in the past (sorry can't remember now the details of what it was). Anyway as I read her post the cynic in me thought: "Boy they are making her go through all that THIS time. I wonder if it is because the medical profession needs to make back some of the money it lost when all those doctors offices had to close down due to COVID."
What I mean is, I wonder if doctors are now exercising "an abundance of caution" to be on the safe side, i.e. more than they usually would, by ordering more tests and procedures and thereby more income in the profession even if the income is not going directly to those particular doctors. The health group they are affiliated with could have ordered, errrr I mean, recommended it to the doctors. As I say, it is just something to ponder. Good luck.

Yes, I had wondered that myself.  The thing is, I had my last mammogram only a year ago. 

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@KKJ, I bet it will be all good. The odds are with you.

And I should thank you. I am overdo for a mammogram; in fact, I received a call just a few days ago about it. I told them I was going to wait. I think I've changed my mind.

@suzyQ3 I called to schedule my annual mammogram last week and was told that the first available appointment is in October!  Everything is taking longer these days.  

Trusted Contributor

The equipment they have now is so high tech that a speck of dust could look like something suspicious!! 

I had a biopsy about 8 yrs. ago and it came out good!

The technician then told me that most turn out to be nothing.

But we only hear about the bad ones!   I am sending up a prayer right now.   

Respected Contributor

I have had 2 solid tumors removed and at least 2 needle biopsies.  All have been negative.

My best.

Respected Contributor

@KKJ In my 40's, every time I would get a mammo I would need an ultrasound and a biopsy on my left side. I went through this 7 times. Each tilme it was benign. I got so disgusted that I stopped going for a number of years. The next time I went the left side was fine except for the scarring and I had cancer on the right side. What I am trying to say is that it is usually benign. One step at a time and one foot in front of the other. No matter what, you will handle it.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

@reiki604 Wow what a worry for you! You must've been a nervous wreck---as I am now.  I'm so glad you are doing well now.  Am trying not to be a basketcase but it's hard.

Super Contributor

unfortunately things can go the other way too.  My first breat cancer at 35 no family history which my dr. says is ususally meaningless anyway). Second recurrance 22 years later.  Still a survivor at 72.  Good luck to all.  

Honored Contributor

sending you positive vibes and gentle hugs

515aeYKoarL.jpg