Honored Contributor

Re: Had contact with friend from school

@cookinfreak you didn't have her number to call her from the restaurant and you couldn't call to say that you were waiting. If this had happened to me I would have reacted the same way since you didn't have any contact information. I hope your next planned visit is all that you hope it to be, and don't forget to call before you leave home so no waste of a trip. Woman Happy

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn’t give her another thought. No one is that busy. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

it was nice you were contacted by a very long lost friend from way back when.

the down part of this post is she stood you up for what ever reason. 

Honored Contributor

Not good, why would you want to introduce someone so thoughtless into your life. If you can't resist and make another date, let us know if she shows up.

Honored Contributor

I think I would have been looking forward to getting together but kind of hurt that she totally forgot!

I think I would have to think about if I wanted to reconnect with someone who it seems was kind of thoughtless.

Maybe I would have her set up the next thing and maybe at your own house (just in case).

I have a spaced out long time friend too but she is not at all thoughtless and I can't imagine her ever forgetting to meet together.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

This was one of the worst cases of rudeness and disrespect and even meaness that I have heard in a long time.  I think it was actually a kiss off; she accepted OP's invitation without really thinking it through and decided she wasn't interested in getting together, it has been decades since they saw each other.  So, she just didn't show up.  For 99% of us, that would have been the end of it.  It would have been over.  She did not count on the OP getting in touch with her after such an insult.  I think she was so flustered by that, she couldn't even make up an excuse.  

Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

I am old enough that we called it  jr high and high school and we spent lots of time together. Sleep overs and pizza parties, school dances. Could go on and on She sent me a message on facebook a couple of weeks ago and we decided it would be fun to get together. We havent had contact for probably 35 or more years. So I went to the restaurant. I waited 30 min. (Don't have her number since we have just connected again). And I don't have internet at home, only work right now. I sent her a message today. She replied "OH! I totally forgot. i had such a busy weekend". I laughed by butt off-she is still the same air head as she was. We are going to get together sometime and I will get her number. I wasn't mad or surprised when she didnt show up.

cookin

@cookinfreak, just drop it. Like I said before, don't initiate any contact with her. Read her e-mails if you want to or chat if she calls. Personally, I wouldn't. I might be wrong but I think she changed her mind or maybe never intended to go. Her loss, not yours. Let it go. 

Esteemed Contributor

She didn't forget because she was "busy". She blew you off.  She probably hoped that you wouldn't show up either.

I wouldn't bother with her...she'd probably give you the run around again.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Daisy wrote:

She didn't forget because she was "busy". She blew you off.  She probably hoped that you wouldn't show up either.

I wouldn't bother with her...she'd probably give you the run around again.

No kidding who "forgets" they are meeting with someone they haven't  seen in 35 years

as if that happens to her all the time-

Unless she has an illlness involving memory there's zero excuse for that

How much could this re-connection have meant to her?

I'd have used a different word than airhead

Respected Contributor

Sounds like a total loser! Perhaps she's on drugs. What kind of person would forget this kind of get together with a special childhood friend? Unbelievable behavior.