Honored Contributor

Had a nice birthday

[ Edited ]

Yesterday was a really nice day.  Crisp cool Autumn day.  I was treated to a visit to a beautiful park by a lake.  We took a long walk around it. Then we visited an Aviary.  It's for sick or wounded wild birds that can't be returned to the wild. I saw a Barn Owl, a Great horned Owl and a Red Tail Hawk (chicken hawk to me)  In between we took a break.  A Picnic/barbecue.  We all had a great time, my husband & my son.  Great birthday pressent.

Honored Contributor

That sounds like a nice day. I'd rather have a memory with loved ones than a gift.  Happy belated birthday.

Honored Contributor

Re: Had a nice birthday

[ Edited ]

@GCR18 wrote:

That sounds like a nice day. I'd rather have a memory with loved ones than a gift.  Happy belated birthday.

Yes!  Although my son got me a big mug with my name on it.  Endof the day, I pulled on a throw (it had gotten really cool) from my husband.  

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird  Perfect birthday.  So glad that it was a wonderful day for you and your family.  Happy belated birthday!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

Yes!  Although my son got me a big mug with my name on it.  Endof the day, I pulled on a throw (it had gotten really cool) from my husband.  

Sure a memory and a gift is even better!!

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful post. Our birthdays are spiritual days for us. To have had such a lovely day -- is a gift. The only gift you need. Have an amazing year. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@songbird   Happy birthday.  Sometimes I miss not living in a larger city, there seems to be something to do all the time.   I live in a small community and if we want to go to the city it's an hour+ both directions.

Respected Contributor
Happy Birthday Songbird1. Sounds like a great time was had. I wish I could have been there. I love that kind of stuff!
Honored Contributor

@songbird 

Image result for belated birthday flowers

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama    Thank you!   Pretty graphic too!