Valued Contributor

Re: Had a little scare last night

Thanks for your replies and kind words.

@KingstonsMom Too bad nobody called about hearing shots. They said the police arrived at the home 4 min after the call was placed. 30 min would mean a whole different ending.

@CARMIE Thank God someone saw that lady! But I feel so bad about the doctor. I had a very dear friend who got his car stuck and was only a couple blocks from home. He could see his house from where he got stuck He just had to walk across a field to get there. Slipped and fell and froze to death. Hit his head on a rock when he fell

cookin

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Where are all those who criticized the poster who was concerned about her neighbors. Some told her she should mind her own business; said she was a Kravitz, or was it a Nosey Parker? 

Seeing someone fall down who could be in medical distress is entirely different than poking a nose into a neighbor's business.  I don't know which thread you're referring to, but I can think of three offhand, and none of them are in any way comparable to the situation described here.

It's a no-brainer, IMO, that if someone falls, we should offer assistance or call for assistance.  That has nothing whatsoever to do with posts of other kinds.

Honored Contributor

you did good!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I once saw a man laying on the sidewalk . I told Mr Cherry to stop the car. He was across the street from me

I called out to him ,and asked him if he needed help? I said I would phone for an ambulance. He called back and said he was OK, and thanked me for my concern

Even if he would have told me to mind my own business, I would do the same thing in a heartbeat. The thought of someone suffering ,and perhaps dying ,would never allow me to walk past and ignore it...I am not the best person in the world, but I do have a conscience

Respected Contributor

Remember:  If you see something, say something.

Nothing more need be said.

Esteemed Contributor

@cookinfreak

If the guy was fine, why was he acting like that? Did the officer say anything else?

Valued Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower

No, nothing else was said. Makes me think the guy may have been drinking, or he has an issue with vertigo as someone else here mentioned. Or maybe combination of both?

cookin

Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

Hope I didn't embarass him.

It may not always feel like it in the moment, but I'll always choose embarrassment over death.

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak  He could have hit his head which caused him to faint.  One morning, I heard a crash, and I yelled to DH who was taking a shower, and I woke him up from a faint by my yelling,  This also happened on the train on the way to work one morning, really scary, but can happen in elderly people.  His doctor said he needed to keep hydrated.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@cookinfreak

If the guy was fine, why was he acting like that? Did the officer say anything else?

Maybe he has a medical condition or it was related to something else, but the officer was protecting his privacy.  The guy could have been not fine in the moment, but things were then under control.  I wouldn't expect a police officer to give details.