Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Had a little scare last night

@KingstonsMom I am glad too. 

My retired eye doctor who was never married and took care of Mama for years until she died, took out the trash and locked himself out in the winter time. He was in his PJ's.

He was found frozen to death in his fenced in yard. No one knows how long he was out there or why he didn't contact a neighbor for help.

I always make sure I am wearing a coat and proper shoes in the winter time...even if I am only going out to get the mail.

I have bad knees and keep falling on the ice...ouch!  Thankfully, I live on a corner and my yard is exposed.  You just can't be too careful.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@KingstonsMom I am glad too. 

My retired eye doctor who was never married and took care of Mama for years until she died, took out the trash and locked himself out in the winter time. He was in his PJ's.

He was found frozen to death in his fenced in yard. No one knows how long he was out there or why he didn't contact a neighbor for help.

I always make sure I am wearing a coat and proper shoes in the winter time...even if I am only going out to get the mail.

I have bad knees and keep falling on the ice...ouch!  Thankfully, I live on a corner and my yard is exposed.  You just can't be too careful.

@Carmie

So sad about your eye Dr.Heart

I wonder if he fell, hit his head and was unconscious is why he didn't try to alert neighbors.

You have a great idea to always dress for the freezing weather, even if just going to the mailbox.

You never know what could happen.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom:  Who knows? If one of the neighbors had called the police right away, they may have found the girl by now. We can only hope and pray she is found alive and well.

Honored Contributor

Where are all those who criticized the poster who was concerned about her neighbors. Some told her she should mind her own business; said she was a Kravitz, or was it a Nosey Parker? 

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak,

You did the right thing!

http://www.playball.net/fs/img/news/rs-300x/emoticon-showing-thumb-up-vector-10176350.jpg

Respected Contributor

This winter, I was out shoveling snow when I slipped and fell. I didn't move right away just to make sure I was okay. There were 2 men talking 2 driveways down from me and neither asked if I was okay or asked if I needed help getting up. I'm not old, old, but in my late 60's. I wasn't hurt, but would have been nice if they had at least asked me if I was okay. So good for you for doing the right thing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Where are all those who criticized the poster who was concerned about her neighbors. Some told her she should mind her own business; said she was a Kravitz, or was it a Nosey Parker? 

Apples and oranges and you know that.  This is an entirely different situation.   With just a few well known exceptions no one on these boards would fault a neighbor for witnessing something wrong and calling LE.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@KingstonsMom:  Who knows? If one of the neighbors had called the police right away, they may have found the girl by now. We can only hope and pray she is found alive and well.

@Diva on The Q

That's my point exactly!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

you did the correct thing. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@occasionalrain

There's a big difference in being curious about your neighbors whereabouts, which they came home just fine by the way, and witnessing someone fall and possibly being injured.