Respected Contributor

Went to Sam's Club today.  There was a brand new red Ford pickup in front of me - guy was on his phone and hot rodding a bit.  There was a slight curve in the road with a very high curb.  He didn't make the curve, hit the curb head on (right front tire immediately popped loudly), went up over the curb and finally gained control and got back on the road, got about 10 yards and had to pull off with a flat tire.  I imagine if he hit the curb hard enough for his tire to pop, he's going to have some alignment issues on top of it.  Dude should have been paying better attention in his sharp ride. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Had a good chuckle today

You know what they say about karma ! LOL

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

That was dangerous.  Although he should have been more careful and not using his  handheld phone, it was still dangerous.  A truck like that, I would expect, to have blue tooth.  I hope he will set it up and be more careful.  

Respected Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

That was dangerous.  Although he should have been more careful and not using his  handheld phone, it was still dangerous.  A truck like that, I would expect, to have blue tooth.  I hope he will set it up and be more careful.  

@Nonametoday - it was very dangerous - it was a two-way road - he could have easily gone the other direction and plowed into someone. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL - I witnessed a similar scene last week.

Dude in a truck blew past 5 cars to be in the front of the line getting on the freeway. He got on the freeway and accelerated even faster. About 1 minute later I started smelling something burnt and hoped it wasn't coming from my car.

Then traffic started slowing down and there was lots of grey smoke up ahead. As I kept going, nearing my off-ramp, there was Mister Blow-by stopped over on the shoulder of the road.

Karma bay-bee. Karma. :-)

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I don't see the humor in something like that.  He was foolish and irresponsible and lucky that he didn't hurt hisself or someone else.  But it is not funny.

Trusted Contributor

It's the irony of the situations.