Respected Contributor

Re: HTML was changed...is it malicious in this forum?

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

Sparrow, as long as you have virus software on the device you are using when you post, you'll be okay.

I run my virus and system optimizers alot when I am logged in to the forums at home.

Did this just started happening to you?  Have you changed any settings or upgraded anything?

I didn't change anything.  I've been gone deep into the forest enjoying nature.   I have not been around.   When I got back late last night I sent a message and saw the red message.   And I sent another message and saw it again....so I  left the forum to do other things.

Honored Contributor

Re: URL was changed...is it malicious in this forum?

birdmama wrote:

Sparrow, as long as you have virus software on the device you are using when you post, you'll be okay.

I run my virus and system optimizers alot when I am logged in to the forums at home.

Did this just started happening to you?  Have you changed any settings or upgraded anything?

Hi, @Bird mama!  It's nothing malicious or nefarious, just a clumsy way the site software notifies us that they're checking the post.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

Do you want me to find a pic of a sparrow for you and post it in this thread?

It might make it easier to copy it as an avatar.

Let me know (PS I live with 2 sparrows, hand raised - my favorite bird on the planet)

birdmama,   Thanks for the offer of the picture.  I do not post pictures because I have the fear I will do something wrong.  

I am still hoping QVC forum people puts the picture of the cute sparrow for my Avatar.   Until then I have that silly shadow person for the Avatar.

Valued Contributor

Is this the message you are talking about?

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

I get that message every time I attempt to post something that I copied and pasted from the internet, whether it is a picture or text.

Other than that, I haven't seen any other messages, especially a message about URLs.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Honored Contributor

SuiGeneris wrote:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

I get that message every time I attempt to post something that I copied and pasted from the internet, whether it is a picture or text.

Other than that, I haven't seen any other messages, especially a message about URLs.

Hi, @SuiGeneris!   That's the one I was referencing.  Thanks for posting the message.Robot Happy

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

About those URLs . . .

URL is an acronym for Uniform Resource Locator and is a reference (an address) to a resource on the Internet. A URL has two main components: Protocol identifier: For the URL http://example.com , the protocol identifier is http . Resource name: For the URL http://example.com , the resource name is example.com .

Those aren't my words; they belong to google.  Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Woman Wink More words from google:

HyperText Markup Language, commonly referred to as HTML, is the standard markup language used to create web pages. It is written in the form of HTML elements consisting of tags enclosed in angle brackets (like <html> ).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the reason QVC is deleting all the HTML tags from "copy and pastes" is because some text/pictures can have malicious javascript embedded in that text or picture that we are copying and pasting to this site.

I remember opening threads on the previous version of the BB, and I would get warnings from my antivirus program popping up, warning me to leave the page.  I believe that happened to several people.

So, I think the HTML deletions from our posts are an attempt to keep all the posters' computers safe from spyware and malware.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@SuiGeneris wrote:

Hi, @SuiGeneris!   That's the one I was referencing.  Thanks for posting the message.Robot Happy

That is the message I keep getting.    I knew it was something.   

Now what?   Is somethng wrong?  Or broken?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not coping anything and putting them into the forum.   I just type and send to the forum.   No reason why I would be getting such message in red to my messages.  

I am not posting pictures or anything.  

Maybe i better not QUOTE other peoples posts.   Could be the problem.

Trusted Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

It's an issue with embedded HTML.

They reformat it for us so it will work here. 

Yes, This! Not URL but HTML, OWS.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In