Trusted Contributor

HSN's TS flameless candles today?

Does anyone own any of these candles?  They look a lot like Luminara, but I'm wondering how they compare.  Any thoughts?  TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN's TS flameless candles today?

According to Amy Morrisons sales pitch, they are same as Luminara, just much lower in price.

Valued Contributor

Ive watched 4 demos  The lady said they are made by the same company  You can blow them out but their battery life is only 150 hours  They run on 2 AA batteries  I cant decide  What do you all think

Honored Contributor

I think the candles are very nice. However, I'm on a personal mission to avoid buying stuff that needs batteries replaced. If those candles had usb-chargeable Li-ion batteries then maybe I would consider them. Why can't they make them with rechargeable Li-ion batteries??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mollymaggie wrote:

Ive watched 4 demos  The lady said they are made by the same company  You can blow them out but their battery life is only 150 hours  They run on 2 AA batteries  I cant decide  What do you all think

Those batteries would last for about 5 weeks if you burn them every night for four hours.  I noticed that when you blow them out, only the light goes out, but the flame still moves until you turn the candle off manually or use the remote.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think the candles are very nice. However, I'm on a personal mission to avoid buying stuff that needs batteries replaced. If those candles had usb-chargeable Li-ion batteries then maybe I would consider them. Why can't they make them with rechargeable Li-ion batteries??

@SilleeMee

They use AA batteries. You can use rechargeable AA batteries. I have some things that use batteries and I use rechargeable batteries in all of them. 

I dont own a sungle candle candle and haven’t for years but I was tempted by these. I wasn’t thrilled with the color choices though and the white, while pretty is, well, white. lol 

I’m not familiar with the brand these are supposed to be like.