Honored Contributor

Re: HSN's Host Bobbi Ray Carter

@mspatmac wrote:

Does anyone else remember Bobbi Ray presenting Capodimonte?  She sold me and I bought a flower but have no idea whatever happened to it.

@mspatmac    lol.  They got me too.  One small arrangement which I haven't seen for years.  I must have given it to somebody.  Forgot all about it.

Do you remember the Kanchanaburi sapphire "dream" bracelet with black stones that they sold ad nauseum?  I thought they'd never get rid of those things.  You'd think they rivaled the crown jewels they way they raved about them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Adrienne Arpel had a cosmetic line on HSN and must be in her 80's now ... she had a ton of  "work" done and I always had the impression whoever did Adrienne's "work" also "freshened up" Colleen and Bobbi a few years ago.  There was a time I thought Bobbi was anorexic but I now think she is just thin by nature ... always enjoyed their presentations ... and Coleen and Suzanne Somers were absolutely hysterical together when her line was at HSN ... I thoroughly enjoyed them together and Suzanne had clothes, jewelry, skin care and diet products at the time which took a good chunk out of a weekend visit ...

Trusted Contributor

Bobbi Ray Carter Net Worth
Bobbi Ray Carter Net Worth
$8 Million
Home/ Richest Celebrities/ Actors
—————-
It definitely is $8 million!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle 

I just found an untouched Jerome A. "Italian Marble" compact in my stash.  I wore it just the other day and remembered  why I loved it so much.  I don't do foundation, but the light coverage was perfect.

He was fun to watch....but always a bit too tanned Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hilery 

I do remember Randolph D.  His line was wildly popular for quite some time.  He was always impeccably dressed and polite/calm when selling.  But, yes, he came across a little stuffy Cat LOL

Have no idea what happened, but I was working then and couldn't watch TV much.

Wonder what happened to him and if he still designs?

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac 

Oh, my!  Yes!  They used to have entire shows devoted to Capodimonte!  Lamps, bowls, everything.

They had MANY collectible shows...lots of dolls, too.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

Where did Mindy go??  I thought she was great, too!  She and Bobbi were my favorites!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I don't know if they still do that, where you can call in and talk to the hosts, but I did that years ago and talked to Bobbi a couple of times and she was so sweet!  I remember that I was so nervous and she was like --- oh, don't be nervous --- we're all friends here!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

I think Bobbi Ray Carter and Colleen Lopez are the most seasoned and professional hosts on HSN.

Shannon Smith,   not so much.  If she is hosting then I just keep channel surfing.  

I guess I am the only one who does not care for Bobbi Ray (I do like Colleen and Shannon). I find her too breathy when she speaks in the mic.  I can't place besides the breathiness why I don't care for her.  I just unfortunately don't care for her. 

Respected Contributor

@Pantsonfire2 wrote:

Adrienne Arpel had a cosmetic line on HSN and must be in her 80's now ... she had a ton of  "work" done and I always had the impression whoever did Adrienne's "work" also "freshened up" Colleen and Bobbi a few years ago.  There was a time I thought Bobbi was anorexic but I now think she is just thin by nature ... always enjoyed their presentations ... and Coleen and Suzanne Somers were absolutely hysterical together when her line was at HSN ... I thoroughly enjoyed them together and Suzanne had clothes, jewelry, skin care and diet products at the time which took a good chunk out of a weekend visit ...

I also heard Suzanne Sommers make a comment about Bobbi's  size..... Bobbi looked a little embarrassed and replied:  "I take after my Mother...she's thin too". She is indeed a seasoned host along with Colleen.